- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
FourKites is the largest predictive supply chain visibility platform, delivering real-time visibility and predictive analytics for the broadest network of Global 1000 companies and third-party logistics firms.
Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships.
With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes, including truckload, LTL, ocean, rail, intermodal, last mile and parcel. The platform is optimised for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security.
About the role
FourKites is in search of a self-directed and experienced India Regional Controller to oversee all financial and accounting activities associated with our India operations. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with international colleagues. The India Regional Controller will have complete ownership over all financial and accounting responsibilities in India, including month-end close, internal controls, reporting, development of efficient processes, and regulatory compliance. The position reports to the FourKites USA Vice President of Finance and will play a key role in the success of the Finance organisation as FourKites continues to expand at a rapid pace.
- Manage FourKites India general ledger and month-end close in accordance with Indian GAAP
- Maintain clear, direct, and regular communication with VP Finance
- Ensure robust ICFR controls for transaction processing, accounting process and close activities
- Maintain transparent accounting practices and ensure excellent relationships are maintained with India and US stakeholders
- Ensure all proper controls are identified, communicated, and documented
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Manage daily operational activities including payroll, capital expenditures, contract review, and vendor billing
- Ensure a regular connect with key stakeholders in finance and operations to deliver financial budget review
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies & procedures
- Identify & propose accounting policy or process efficiency opportunities
- Enhance India Finance team by coaching, counseling, and training employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degree
- Chartered Accountant 10+ years of work experience in public accounting or accounting/finance teams
- Strong knowledge of both US & Indian GAAP and experience working with external auditors
- Experience in start-up environment or technology company preferred
- Proven success in international communication and cross-country collaboration
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to run a team delivering quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Detailed understanding of applicable Indian regulatory laws, regulations, and tax compliance reporting
- Proficiency with Intacct or similar accounting ERP software
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Excel and PowerPoint