- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Risk & Control Analyst - 90228414
Posting Range:12 Apr 2019 - 26 Apr 2019
Job Title: Risk & Control Analyst
Provide analysis, requirements definition and change management in support of regulatory change programmes required to ensure that the Barclays UK Shared Technology complies with new or amended regulatory, risk and control requirements. Undertake strategic options and assessments work to develop responses and options to respond to regulatory change. Support implementation and execution of re-designed/ engineered processes to BAU to ensure regulatory change requirements are embedded in Barclays UK Shared Technology. The team actively engage the BUK business leaders and specialist role holders to understand business requirements and support them to enable them to meet their risk and control management engagements and to drive quality and efficiency within the delivery model. The role holder will support team activity to ensure that agreed measures are put in place and action taken to recognise and address control gaps. The role holder will ensure that performance is tracked against agreed measures and identify issues for escalation, to help business leaders to maintain awareness of performance, associated risks and opportunities for improvement.
What will you be doing?
• Within the Risk and control team, support the creation of a culture of ownership and accountability for identifying and initiating change that will improve processes, operating practices, and systems in both own team and across the areas supported.
• Support delivery of oversight and governance of BUK Shared Tech estate – e.g. monitoring performance against KPIs and standards, escalations and exceptions management; controls management and continuous improvement
• Act as a technical SME and a primary point of contact for colleagues for consultation from risk and control point of view for ongoing projects or programs in BUK Shared Tech
• Contribute to the Risk and control team providing BUK Business owners with sufficient oversight of the performance against Cyber, Technology, Data and Resilience standards and policies
• Possess relevant knowledge around Risk management concepts and control effectiveness requirements
• Sound knowledge in managing Information Security Audit activities in financial organization
• Review performance data of control oversight against Policy & Standards and identify areas for improvement
• Constantly challenge existing processes and deliver a virtuous circle of continuous improvement.
• Interact and report to senior leadership or stakeholders to successfully deliver group wide programs
What we’re looking for:
• Understanding of the principles and application of risk management and Barclays ERMF, preferably including Information Risk specifically
• Ability to understand and assess performance of risk controls and control indicators, in order to maintain effective oversight of control maturity and to identify improvements required
• Stakeholder management with ability to influence business stakeholders and good communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly competent in MS office suite and be an advanced user of MS Excel (pivot tables, macros, data set manipulation).
• Excellent organization skills, structured and be able to prioritise workload.
• Strong team player, well-disciplined and have proven ability to network and influence others with the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding Operations and associated IT systems.
• Ability to work independently and deliver against agreed objectives and goals
• Information Risk qualification such as CISA or similar
Where will you be working?
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.