- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Primary Function - perform initial desktop risk assessments (triages) of various commercial and industrial occupancies from a property insurance loss prevention perspective in support of global Account Engineers and Underwriters. Such occupancies within the Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing pillars include but would not be limited to, commercial and residential real estate, hospitals, hotels, light manufacturing (metalworkers, plastic workers, etc), specialized manufacturing (semiconductor, pulp and paper, steel) and retail stores / shopping centers. Occupancies within the Onshore Energy and Power Generation pillars include but are not limited to: power generation plants/utilities, chemical/petrochemical plants and refineries, gas plants and compressor stations, etc. The initial risk assessments will be completed by conducting an analysis of submitted values, as well as various construction, protection and occupancy features which would be determined through the receipt of loss prevention survey reports from a variety of sources. The candidate must be able to interpret these reports and be able to translate the information into risk quality ratings and fire/Nat Cat loss estimates following company guidelines and utilizing available tools and utilities. An analysis of key natural perils will also need to be provided for each of the reviewed locations on the schedule of values.
Specific job responsibilities for desktop reviews would include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Geo Code verification & Google Earth aerial imagery
• Location Determination (grouping of site assets)
• Valuation Check (Insurance to Value determination)
• EQ Zone determination/verification
• Wind Zone determination/verification
• Flood Zone determination/verification
• Flood Loss Estimates for exposed locations using proprietary tools
• Occupancy / Construction Code determination/verification
• Create Loss Estimate profile spreadsheet from source reports
• Capture B/M object size, model, capacities from source reports
• Capture account loss history and report on loss trends and mitigation strategies
• Perform quality control / peer reviews on work completed by staff engineers
• Ensure loss estimates and Risk Quality Ratings are consistently applied on assigned accounts, by following established AIG rules and guidelines.
• Desktop reviews / full account reviews for select accounts
Pre-requisites - A degreed engineer (BS minimum), preferably within one of the following Engineering disciplines (Chemical, Electrical, Civil or Mechanical).
The candidate ideally should have at least 3-5 years of fire protection experience specifically related to the property insurance industry (with experience in the occupancies noted above) or comparable industry experience if working within one of the specialty pillars (Onshore Energy or Power Generation).
The individual must also have excellent computer skills and be extremely proficient with MS Excel and Pivot Table analyses.
Must have strong research experience and skills, including use of Internet based resources, resourcefulness is critical to success.
Candidate must be organized, self motivated and willing to learn more about the basics of fire protection and loss estimation. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills are also required. Candidate must be able to work with little direct supervision, reliable and dependable.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.