- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cisco is market leader in security products and technologies that includes ASA Firewall, Next Gen Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Sensor, Email and Web Security Appliances. Cisco's Security Business currently at 2+ Billion USD revenue annually from its products and services is growing at fast pace. Security Business Group (SBG) of Cisco Systems (India) is looking to hire experienced Engineer for the Security Services Platform Development Team. You will be challenged with a wide variety of projects related to network security and platform development for current and next generation security products.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for developing new platforms and platform capabilities for Next Generation Security Platforms for Cisco, a market leader in security products and technologies. You will provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the young , energetic & dynamic security development team . You will also have to closely work with the TL's & PE's to define strategies for the further products. Cisco is changing the way we work, live, play, and learn.
* Participate and be prepared to take lead roles on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco security products.
* Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning.
* Contribute to all phases of software development, from requirements gathering through implementation, automation and sustaining.
* Write functional, design, and unit test specifications.
* Define, design and develop new software features in a Linux OS environment.
* Develop large scale systems that run complex code in high bandwidth environments.
* Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in components that range from kernel modules to applications.
* Provide detailed explanations of applications to Cisco customer support.
Required Experience and Skills:
* BSEE/CS with 6+ years of experience or MSEE/CS with 4+ years of experience in a software development position.
* Software development experience in a Linux OS environment.
* Background in software design, implementation, and debugging.
* Programming skills in C/C++, Perl, Python, and shell scripts.
* Solid networking knowledge - TCP/IP and Layer 2.
* Solid knowledge of CPU architectures.
* Experience with Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies.
* Strong communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills are essential.
Desired Experience and Skills
Experience in projects involving any of the DPDK library, Data Acquisition (DAQ) library or Vector packet Processing (VPP)
* Experience in handling Data-path throughput enhancements
* Exposure to Open-stack deployment is a big plus
* Exposure to Platform bring-up, device driver and kernel module development.
* Exposure to Crypto technologies
* Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewalls, IPS and Web security.
* Cisco product and NXOS, IOS knowledge is a plus
* Understanding of CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.