- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Developer - 90228135
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title : Senior Developer
Location : Pune
As Ab Initio developer/technical lead, you will have sound knowledge and experience on various Ab Initio products like GDE, Continuous Flow, Express It, BRE, Metadata Hub, Control Center and various frameworks like MDWP, DQE etc. You will work with various federated teams and guide them in Ab Initio development and implementation.
Role will also troubleshoot various problems/errors encountered by federated team while developing Ab Initio based ETL applications. You will have high-level knowledge about other technologies like Hadoop, Teradata, Oracle, Mainframe etc. It will help to develop efficient Ab Initio code interfacing with those technologies
What will you be doing?
· Responsible for Creating Standards and Guidelines for AI development
· Designing effective reusable components to improve the development productivity
· Optimise the ETLs to reduce the overall execution time
· Understand the functionality of the requirements and design data models and ETLs
· Develop and Manage the Technical Lineage in Metadatahub
· Complex hands-on work on Ab Initio GDE.
· Troubleshooting and development in other Ab Initio products like Continuous Flow, Express It, Query It, Metadata Hub, Control Center etc
· Troubleshooting related SQL and NOSQL databases like Teradata, Oracle, MongoDB.
· Writing complex SQL for data processing and data analysis.
· Understand concepts of Hadoop and tune AI product accordingly
· Troubleshoot any Ab Initio related problem/error
· Provide expertise and continuity across both the business solution and technical solution involving Ab Initio
· Builds effective relationships with all stakeholders including federated project teams, BU SPOC, GIS etc
· Excellent problem solving skills and provide innovative solutions to technical problems.
What we’re looking for:
· AI GDE and other AI products like MHUB, Express IT, Control Center, Query IT
· Linux/Unix Shell scripting
· DBMS and SQL
· Datawarehousing Concepts
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Understanding of Big Data Technologies
· Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark
· Basic SAS understanding
· Basic Teradata Understanding
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.