- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
You will have ownership of multiple components and play an important role in analyzing new feature requirements, interacting with major customers to understand their deployment scenarios and solve their problems. You will be the subject matter expert in multiple technology areas. You will be interacting with principal engineers and senior technical leaders within the BU on design and architectural aspects of various products and technologies. You will provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members.
Who You'll Work With
DCSG focuses specifically on datacenter networking solutions. The product and solution portfolio includes high performance fixed and modular Nexus family of switches, orchestration, monitoring and data analytics software.
The key products in the portfolio are Nexus 7000, 7700, 5600, 6000, 2000 datacenter switches, DCNM datacenter management solution and Cisco Tetration analytics solutions.
Who You Are
Senior software development engineer working on cutting edge technologies in a fast changing landscape of datacenter technologies and part of the BU having complete ownership of multiple products.
* At least 8 years of software development experience in networking space
* Datacenter networking experience and in-depth understanding of layer-2, layer-3 technologies and services are strongly preferred
* Proficiency in programming in C/C++, development of algorithms using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code, debugging and troubleshooting under Linux environment.
* Knowledge of asic forwarding, Linux drivers and 3rd party ASICs/network processors highly desired.
* Strong experience in embedded software development is required and any RTOS experience will be an added advantage
* Experience in Board Support Packages (BSPs) and firmware for microcontrollers will be a plus
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as providing technical leadership when required.
* Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
* Ability to translate high level requirements into specific features, develop functional and design specifications
* Flexibility in a fast paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
Educational Background Recommended
Typically requires B.E/B.Tech EE/CS plus 8-10 years related experience in networking software development.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.