- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward toa Senior Engineer-TestLabbasedinPune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety,health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Requirement of this position is to understand and perform testing of eMobility products such as Invertors,Power distribution units,DC DC convertors,on board chargers etc and provide assistance to engineering personnel for setup, install and on time completion of accurate product testing in accordance with specific test procedures. You will drive new test stand/setup installations,safety in test operations,Maintenance and calibration of test stands,IATF requirements deployment,mentoring technicians etc.
- Perform installation of new test stands/new test setup as per business requirements
- Drive to make test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for eMotor dyno and HV PDU testing and bench level tests.
- Provide technical leadership in multiple test cases and improvise on test setups.
- Should able to trouble shoot and update the test stand for any new test requirement or standard
- Standardization of test SOPs, work standards, records in test lab and adhere to IATF requirements.
- Implement EBE processes (DMAIC / Lean) successfully in Lab. Improve productivity by standardization and continuous improvement
- Provide technical leadership to the test lab technician team and perform quality checks to ensure testing meets Eaton / Customer / International standards
- Fix any issues with test rigs and lab and work to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
- Articulate and generate good technical reports based on test observations
- Capex and Opex spends as per plan.
- Implement and monitor FRACAS for the test lab
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience
- Automobile invertor, power distribution products, DC DC convertors, battery chargers products testing experience.
- Understanding of electronic schematics, sensors, DAQ,control softwares Puma, awareness of International test standards,Teardown of electronic parts,trouble shooting.
- Experience in High voltage testing, eMotor dyno and HV PDU test stand test operations.
- Safety & Quality Management Practices.
- Deployment of IATF requirements,TPM,DFSS experience preferred."
- Autocad,Pro E,MS office,communication,reporting skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
About the company
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely and sustainably.