- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior ETL Developer - 90220379
Posting Range:12 Mar 2019 - 1 May 2019
Job Title : Senior ETL Developer
Location : Pune
Leading Retail/Investment bank looking to recruit an ETL Lead to develop and maintain critical DW/BI applications within Risk, Finance & Treasury. The selected candidate will contribute to the design, architecture and enhancements of all cost warehousing applications/processes.
Additionally, the individual will be involved with production releases, issue fixes and post production support. along with system and process automations. The ideal candidate should be capable to automate existing systems and processes.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and pro-active in leading her work-stream and provide a platform for junior team members to learn and grow.
The successful candidate should demonstrate good stakeholder management skills and strong communication skills.
What will you be doing?
· Design(50%) - Has responsibility for proposing technical solutions to business problems. Own and deliver detailed design outputs that adhere to Barclays architectural design standards.
· Development (30%) - Responsible for development and testing of ETL frameworks underpinning large and complex data sets.
· L3 support (10%) – Responsible for troubleshooting production and UAT issues; minimize impact to business in case of production issues.
· Team management(10%) – Ability to lead and mentor a team of junior developers and supervise technical deliveries of the team. Foster an environment of innovation and creativity in the team.
· Expertise in optimizing, refining and performance tuning applications, script, processes etc.
· Liaising and working closely with the peers within and outside of the team, keeping stakeholders updated on progress against milestones.
· Working closely with the business & key stakeholders to provide robust change management process, ensuring effective management and delivery of changes and enhancements.
· Highlighting and managing risks and issues via effective controls and governance standards.
· Enhance and improve the application development capability within the team, via automation and innovation.
· Work closely with RtB colleagues, building strong working relationships.
What we’re looking for:
· Experience in delivering multiple Data warehousing projects in tools such as Ab Initio and Informatica
· Proven track record of managing massive Data Warehouses, Big Data or an Analytics platform
· Expertise in Unix scripting, & Job scheduling in TWS
· Experience in leading delivery teams
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Technical understanding/hands on experience of Hadoop, HDFS and Hive/Impala
· Development experience with BI Tools such as Tableau or Qlikview is a plus
· Exposure to cost management, finance reporting hierarchies and accounting principles is beneficial
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.