- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Java Developer - 90230801
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 22 Apr 2019
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
We are looking for an experienced Angular and Java Developer to join our Banking IT team in BTCI (Pune). As a developer the individual will play a key role in development and build-out of strategic applications in the Banking IT portfolio. As a part of the role the individual would be responsible for the delivery of critical UI requirements on various Banking applications along with a technically astute team with-in BTCI.
What will you be doing?
- Code development
- Estimates size of backlog items
- Translation of backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
- Evaluation of technical feasibility
- Drives execution on the technical aspects of the project requirements
- Implementation of backlog items and drive the execution of the sprints
- Writes unit tests first to the contract of the interface and other abstract classes
- Writes and verifies code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
- Application of product development & engineering best practices
- Ensures the Design goals – Performance, Modularity, Reliability, Maintainability, Reusability, Internationalization and Accessibility – are met
- Creates and Maintains architecture, framework, technical documentation
- Participates in team retrospective / product demo(s) and provides valuable insights and improvements for future development
- Owns and runs with release tasks and collaborates with release management and BA/QA teams to make sure production releases are performed with high levels accuracy.
- Assist L2 Support teams to resolve user queries and production issues
- Support, monitoring and troubleshooting of both production and non- production environments
- Promotes support best practices and proactively takes measures to empower support teams to resolve issues with agility.
- Proactively identifies and monitors risk. Takes accountability for mitigation by understanding risk drivers, escalation and careful adherence to the bank’s policies, procedures and practices.
What we’re looking for:
- Java 1.6 and above
- Spring, Hibernate
- SOAP, Rest Webservices
- API stack creation knowledge
- Integration framework like MQ, Datapower knowledge
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Agile Methodologies
• Investment banking Domain
• Cloud environment setup
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.