- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Manager(Job Number:
ECS is a specialist professional services unit with key technical productow nership from presale design to Sale, onto delivery and then in life Customer Ca re. The key product areas for this group will be Global / National IPVPN, IPT, LAN, IT Security, SDN, Fixed to mobile convergence, Unified Communicationsand Contact Centre related products.
The role of the ECS Customer Engineering Demand & Governance Manager will be to drive effective alignment across ECS Customer Eng ineering, Enterprise Business Unit and the wider business to ensure efficient d elivery of Customer solutions through defining and governing best inclass proc esses, governance models and function dashboards communicating customer & b usiness value to key stakeholders.
Lead the ECS Customer Engineering Demand & Governance function to o versee the provision of high quality planning, business engagement and governan ce practices ensuring as a Professional Services Unit that a Best in Class serv ice is delivered.
Define and own the Business Engageme nt, Demand & Resource Planning and Governance processes for ECS Customer En gineering, ensuring all planning processes and governance structures are docume nted and clearly communicated to ECS, Enterprise andBusiness Stakeholders.
Maintain centralise Demand Ma nagement and Governance Sharepoint / knowledge management tool. Ensure informat ion in all the Demand Management trackers iskept up-to-date on a weekly basis.
Ensure the approp riate governance structures are consistently followed e.g. Enterprise approval Board, Interlock Sales/Presales/Service Transition/Technology, designated Steer ing Committees
Compile and publish all ECS Engineering Demand for programmes, projects, Configuration Release plans, Small Change and BAU initiatives on a weekly basis.
Work with ECS Customer Engineering Managers, ECS, EBU and CXX teams to define, implement and maintain a process for effective NPS and cost tracking fo r all projects and programs.
Ownership of the productionofthe ECS Customer Engineering dashboard for wee kly, monthly Operations review with the Head of ECS and the EBU Leadership team . Ensure the content is collected in an efficient manner for contributors and collated into a management dashboa rd in an intuitive easy to digest manner with relevant insight where appropriat e.
Drive Customer Satisfaction with ECS Customer Engineering Demand & Governance as a whole w ith our Customers, Enterprise and Business Stakeholders by ensuring ECS Demand & Governance Management delivers with speed and simplicity and that there i s a consistently high standard of execution.
Drive con tinuous improvements and deliver areas of internal best practice and in particu lar identifying areas of improvement in practices, methodology, policies and pr ocesses to improve overall effectiveness of the ECS Customer Engineering team.
Manage the annual training pl an forECS Customer Engineering to ensure Professional accreditation, Vendor Pa rtnership and successor plans are being tracked and published. Agree phasing an d budget prioritisation with ECS Customer Engineering managers and the Learning and Development team.
· &nb sp; Ensure all Business Engagement and Demand Management processes are clearly docu mented and communicated.
· ; Drive planning options based on Project Profile and Priority.
· Implement continuous improvement i n our processes and bring to bear Demand Management best practices to the wider team
Demand & Governance Planning
· Manage theECS Customer Engineering Demand And Governance Planfor all Programmes, Projects, Small Change, Configuration Changes and BAU i nitiatives
& middot; Drive the end-to-end BusinessEngagement and Demand manageme nt process for all major and minor change channels
· &nb sp; Work with theNetwork Architects/Technical & Pre-Sales teams and Lead ECS Customer Engineer to validate the initial Idea / P roject assessment & sizing, throughoutthe Tender, Contract, SOW and throug h to delivery phase.
· &nb sp; Focus effort on Content knowledge feeding into Demand Plan; Formulate inputs on COS / COD related aspects to be utilised by Head of ECS Customer Engineering & amp; of ECS Commercial Governance
· &n bsp; Ad hoc communications / analysis & investigations related to D emandplanning
· &nb sp; Engage key internal and 3rd party suppliers (i n Group and locally) to size and shape demand early in the lifecycle to meet bu siness expectations within budget, resource and time-to-market constraints
BusinessEngagement and Demand Mgt Processes
· Ensure appropriate governance is followed for all Demand and prioritisation asks – ensure co ntent is prepared for Enterprise Approval Board and Interlock meetings to facil itate timely decisions on proposed Customer solutions, signoff of High Level De sign Customer solutions, Statement of works and COD for agreed solutions.
· Ensure follow-ups are carr ied out with all presenters and ECS Customer Engineering Managers to ensure acc urate communication of decisions & recommendations
· & nbsp; Manage and analyse the ECS Customer Engineering Resource Model provided by the Engineering Managers
· & nbsp; Work with ECS Engineering Resource Managers toensure accuracy and completeness of ECS Customer Engineering Resource Model for inputs and outputs
DemandManage ment Alignment
· Support the Head of ECS Customer Engineering in Cross-Technology Demand Management Alignment, including ongoing activities to support the partnership with Technology Governance & Plannin g team, to assist in the creation and maintenance of an Integrated Enterprise a nd Technology Plan
· &nbs p; A ssist the Head of ECS Customer Engineering in supporting, providing expertise & amp; guidance to, and working closely with other Demand Planning & Analysis functions within Technology, specifically in the Mobile & Fixed Networks u nits – to help ensure a cohesive demandmanagement approach for Vodafone Ireland
· ; Assist the Head ofECS Customer Engineering in managing the int erlock with other Technology and third party Demand Management functions, and with other major programmes such as Eq uinox, NFN and Emerald.
· Work proactively with Partners to ensure we leverage the contracts to drive efficiency and value.
· & nbsp; Support, participate in and contribute to the evolution and roll-out ne w Partnercontracts as appropriate
· & nbsp; Educate new vendors on our demand and delivery processes so they understand the ask
· ; Ma nage engagement of key internal and 3rd party suppliers to size, shape and plan delivery early in the lifecycle within budget, resource and time-to-market con straints
· Role model living our brand values in all that wedo
·&nbs p; Demonstrate self-awareness and commitment to self-improvement
· Bui ld strong partnership-based relationships with key Business and Enterprise stak eholders, managing expectation & outcomes
· &n bsp; Build and maintain relationships with peers across oth er OpCo.
&mid dot; Manage effec tive Demand Planning communications, knowledge management and reporting / track ers / dashboards
· & nbsp; Prov ide weekly reports to the Head of ECS Customer Engineering on the progress of B usiness Engagement and Demand Planning and Continuous Improvement activities
· Assist in defining and managing a standardised process and approach to Demand Planning communicationwith stakeholders
Budgets - NA
Direct reports - 0
MBA - preferred
Desirable - PMP, ITIL certifications
- ms project
About the company
Vodafone Group plc /ˈvoʊdəfoʊn/ is a British multinational telecommunications company headquartered in London and with its registered office in Newbury, Berkshire. It is the world's 2nd-largest mobile telecommunications company measured by both subscribers and 2013 revenues (behind China Mobile), and had 434 million subscribers as of 31 March 2014.
Vodafone owns and operates networks in 21 countries and has partner networks in over 40 additional countries. Its Vodafone Global Enterprise division provides telecommunications and IT services to corporate clients in over 65 countries.