- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing tests cases and test automation for various Identity products in order to ensure overall solution quality is solid from functional, security and resiliency perspectives. You’ll also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner.
You’ll be part of the Customer Identity Security team whose mandate is to develop identity solutions and platforms for American Express customers. Our aim is to build capabilities, processes, and systems that enable our customers to securely access American Express digital experiences including (but not limited to) web sites, mobile apps, and third-party apps. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within a Fortune 100 company.
- Drive opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Works with scrum teams to drive improvements in code quality via manual, automated testing for functional and non-functional tests, test code review, etc.
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software.
- Proactive involvement in the reviewing user stories/specifications for weaknesses in function, security, performance, scalability, testability, and usability aspects and provides recommendations.
- Responsible for developing non-functional and functional test cases and thrive for 100% test coverage to meet testing of business requirements.
- Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with scrum teams in order to prevent, report, and resolve them.
- Designs, monitors, and analyses test results and provide quality metrics such as KPIs, defect counts, etc.
- Identify opportunities to drive innovation and manage product development needs within a fast paced, agile environment
- 9+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasison Security testing, Test Automation, and proven ability in writing solidfunctional and non-functional test cases and managing defects.
- Experience in test automation of RESTful APIs, Webapplication is a plus.
- Ability to program in Java is a must.
- Solid experience in test automation of functionaltests, security tests, solution/system level tests in CICD environment.
- Exposure to tools like Maven, GIT, Junit/TestNG,Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins is a must.
- Exposure to code coverage tools like Cobertura, JaCoCois a big plus.
- Experience with Agile other rapid applicationdevelopment methods is preferred.
- Experience in working with test automation tools likeSelenium, Cucumber, Service Virtualization (LISA) is preferred. JMeter is a bigplus.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies andtakes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- Desire to look beyond the obvious for continuousimprovement opportunities.
- Exposure in testing any information securityproducts/solutions is highly preferred
- Proficiency in one of the scripting languagesShell/Perl/Python is a big plus
- Any of the following test certifications – CISSP,CISM, QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus.
- Build tools to automate or partially automate process workflows
- Work with technology and business stakeholders for understanding requirements and translate the information into test strategy and test scenarios.
- Prior experience with Compliance and/or Identity and Access Management (IAM) projects would be a plus.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in any of theengineering disciplines, or other Technical disciplines, or equivalent workexperience, is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 6, 2019, 12:51:00 AM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.