- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You Are
You are a software engineer who believes in crafting customer delight thru simple and easy to use solutions. You enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. You should be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. A full-stack developer who works on metadata driven products and applications engineering end-to-end, crafting components, widgets and persistence mechanism.
What You'll Do
- Build high performant, highly scalable, complex and distributed systems – end to end
- Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
- Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
- Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
Who You'll Work With
You will be working with like-minded enthusiastic Engineers in architecting, designing, and building the products.
Work closely with other functions such as Product Management, UX and Quality Engineering to ensure right products/features are built with the highest possible quality.
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 7- 10 years.
- Proven foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented Design
- Strong JS development experience of building web applications using React, Angular or other client side application frameworks.
- Expert skills in application / backend engineering, developing REST APIs and micro-services, DB (SQL/NoSQL) persistence.
- Expert skills in NodeJS, ES6, Babel, Webpack, React / Angular, Postgres / MongoDB, HTLM, CSS, Jasmine / Mocha / Jest, CodeceptJS
- Product engineering experience
- Be highly flexible and adaptable and demonstrate passion for platform development
- Experience with the full web stack performance optimization techniques
- Familiar with AWS or other Cloud environment
- Knowledge of Python, Docker, Kubernetes.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.