- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise focused on delivering the next generation data engineering solutions. The team will be responsible for experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized card member experience and to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units.
• Build scalable algorithmic solutions leveraging big data techniques
• Own all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
• Perform hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
• Drive consistent development practices with respect to tools, common components, and documentation
• Spend 80% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
• Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other Amex systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Work on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
• Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilize visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
• Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Provide continuous support for ongoing application availability
• Work closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
• Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
• Enable business capabilities through innovation
• Research and learn new and upcoming technologies, and apply them to develop working software
• Mentor other team members in both technology and domain.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
QualificationsPurpose: Leverage best in class Big Data engineering techniques, to provide highly personalized card member experience, thereby driving profitable growth for the organization.
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
• Personalized user experience
• Design and deliver innovative big data solutions across multiple business units
• Identify and adopt new technologies to enhance user experience and predict future challenges
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
8+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in - • Big data technologies like Hadoop, AWS, Azure, Hive, Python, Map reduce
• Algorithms & Machine Learning
• Data structure, & Design patterns
Bachelors/Masters Degree in CS Or CSE, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or Equivalent
• Familiarity with design & coding across multiple platforms & languages
• Understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques, their application in Customer Marketing domain
• Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
• Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
• Porting/Software Configuration
• Agile Methodologies
• Software development/ testing
• Product Engineering Knowledge
• Platform engineering knowledge (e.g Financial Tech/Ecommerce/ Aggregator platforms)
• Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python (Preferred)/C/ Java
• Knowledge on Map/Reduce - Hadoop, AWS, Azure, Hive, Python,
• Data modeling, ETL design, implementation (Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) , SQL distribution (MapR/ Cloudera/ Hortonworks)
• Knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms & relational databases
• Familiarity with object-oriented design & coding
• UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting
• Hive, Pig, Java M/R, Spark
• Understanding of data structures, algorithms & Design Patterns
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2019, 1:15:33 AM