- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We’re looking for a server engineer to develop reliable, highly scalable services to support our global mobile game studios. This team is focused on building critical services supporting game operations for millions of users every day. We build highly reliable, scalable and simple to integrate services that help our studio partners deliver everything from operational simplicity to machine learning driven optimization.We’re looking for someone who has experience designing, developing and shipping robust services at scale. We run a modern stack including technologies such as Spring Boot, Kinesis, Flink and Kubernetes, and are working on cutting edge challenges such as serving machine learning results in real-time. We are excited to hire someone who shares our passion for high quality infrastructure, and wants to help us solve challenging technical problems in a scalable way. Responsibilities
- · Work with the server engineering team to deliverscalable and robust game services. Contribute as a highly technical hands-on developer.
- · Enforce development standards and practices related to server engineering.
- · Produce and maintain documentation and run books related to service operation.
- · Build and support tools, tests, and infrastructure required to manage back-end services.
- · Work closely with technical leadership in identifying and planning engineering strategy. Qualifications
- · Bachelors degree in computer science/mathematics/engineering, or other field with proven engineering experience
- · 2-3 years software engineering experience, especially working on high-throughput server applications
- · Proficient in building high performing APIs and writing specs
- · Proficiency with Java and associated frameworks (esp. Spring Boot), and related concepts, such as asynch programming, caching.
- · Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL solutions understanding the pros and cons of relational and free form databases, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB a plus
- · Experience working within a distributed REST-based service-oriented architecture
- · Experience with agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery Bonus Points:
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or other cloud service providers
- Experience with Stream processing frameworks such as Flink
- Experience with modern deployment and resource management frameworks (i.e. Kubernetes)
About the company