- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Services Engineer (APM Engineer)
Renewable Energy Digital Services
GE Renewable Energy
This role brings together industrial process knowledge, complex analytics and the power of software to optimize systems. It is an exciting opportunity at the intersection of several key areas of expertise in a growing GE Digital community. As a Services Engineer for APM products, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of Product Management, Software Engineering, Customer Engagement, Customer Support, and Sales experts in solutioning, planning and implementing technology solutions using GE Digital Services Products for our customers. You will work on a variety of projects, that involve varying tasks and skills, that involves deploying Smart Signal and REN digital solutions.
This individual will a) execute various deployment tasks for deploying of GE’s digital software solutions for Renewable Power plants that delivers increased availability, improved operating efficiency and reliability in real time, and b) participate in crafting processes and tools to facilitate deployment for these products. GE is the industry's leading provider of Renewable power solutions, Wind Turbines and Hydro Power Plants, that leverage GE’s extensive engineering and digital integration capabilities.
• Establish and execute tasks required for deploying APM and other digital solutions as per customer contracts and internal implementation plans.
• Participates in the establishment of technical objectives, work plans and schedules for projects.
• Works with Product Management and Product Engineering teams to understand configuration and implementation requirements and tasks for digital solutions.
• Works and collaborates with internal partners and customer representatives to gather and validate required data for implementations.
• Implements product configuration data, user configurations, analytical models and KPI dashboards as per project requirements.
• Thorough understanding of Asset Model configuration, APM tenant set up process, good functional knowledge on REN Digital Services products
• Coordinates execution of implementation tasks across multiple projects and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking.
• Collaborates with Implementation Project Leads and Solution Architects to plan and execute tasks.
• Works with external partners to ensure that the technical content and quality deliverables are met
• Communicates status and issues for implementation tasks to Project Manager and other partners.
• Dedicatedly finds and resolves issues and makes recommendations.
• May coordinate all the activities for smaller project implementations, assuming the role of PM.
• Provide customer user/operator/engineer training on the use of the system.
• Provide functional, technical and solution support to the customer for realizing value from the digital tools
• Provide feedback to the Product Line and Development teams for product improvement
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with current policies and standard methodologies.
This is a key role working directly on implementing Digital Services Products and SaaS solutions to the external customers and internal partners. The REN organization is involved in many key commercial contracts for implementing our digital solutions for Renewable Energy industry, both for external customers as well as internal users. This is a role for the implementation of APM and other digital solutions for improving performance and operations capabilities and delivering efficiencies.
• Bachelor's Degree, in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, or related areas, from an accredited university or college.
• Advanced degree in above areas or experience with digital solutions for industrial products
• Minimum 10 years of experience in industrial systems and digital software, IT/OT areas (Information Technology/Operations Technology)
• Minimum of 10 years of experience implementing software solutions, or global transformation solutions
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Should be willing to travel (25%)
• Should be willing to work out of an office located in Europe/India.
• Experience and knowledge of Industrial IOT solutions configuration and implementation
• Experience in Smart Signal or other Asset Performance Management solution implementation
• Experience with the Renewable Power or related Industry and understanding of operational and maintenance issues and processes
• Demonstrated ability to dedicatedly identify issues and independently develop solutions
• Ability to work well on multiple projects at the same time and under pressure from various angles
• Great team mate; initiative and self-confidence; presence and self-assurance
• Broad understanding of the Predix 2.0 and/or IIOT technologies.
• Experience and understanding of product development and Agile methodologies
• Deep understanding of processes and business requirements in the respective functional domain
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop partnership with cross functional teams and develop an inclusive & collaborative environment
• Experience working in remote / global teams
• Ability to lead and drive change across the organization
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
“GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is not mandatory.
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.