- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
In this role, you have the opportunity to strengthen the team with your software design specialization and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. You will be working on a product (embedded software) development of Mobile Surgery (X-ray) system. Typically, a software unit is developed by a team of 3-5 Software Engineers, technically headed by the Software Designer. The Software Designer ensures that design is consistent with the higher level architecture and requirements. Jobholder ensures that design is understood by the Software Engineers and verifies the correct implementation. You are responsible for
- Requirements detailing, design specification preparation, implementation, test and integration of embedded software (on RTOS based platform) in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications/architectures
- Understand and communicate the consequences of your design on the architecture and influence design specification
- To design software on the basis of design specifications and ensuring that the software in question will be reliable, efficient, user-friendly, easy to maintain and meet the (medical) quality and coding standards
- Implement class, unit integration and unit tests for the designed modules or components
- Perform work in-line with document control and other processes that have been agreed in the department
- Contributing to the interfaces to other modules, in close consultation with other relevant disciplines
- Initiatives and active participation for continuous improvement and scrum process.
You are part of the Mobile Surgery R&D team. With global headquarter of Mobile Surgery, Philips HIC, Pune is playing a key role in Philips global strategy for Image-Guided Therapy. With Philips HIC, the foundation was laid to touch billions of lives and reiterate Philips commitment towards Indian and growth healthcare markets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BE/B.Tech with 8 - 12 Yrs of experience in Embedded C.
- Solid experience in the design/development of complex technological products/systems/subsystems in the area of Embedded Software.
- Hands on experience on designing applications for 16 bit / 32 bit processors
- Should be able to translate requirements into design, perform DFMEA and apply design controls to mitigate failures
- RTOS (preferably VxWorks) based application design & development in Embedded C, RTOS concepts. Experience in C++ is preferable.
- Perform unit testing using test tools, code review, integration, debugging and other quality-oriented practices
- State machine design & implementation
- Experience in Communication protocols like Modbus, Socket programming (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Experienced in working with / understand legacy code
- Familiarity with any scripting language (e.g. python, perl etc.)
In return, we offer you a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive base salary
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Attractive collective health insurance package
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html . Pune