- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Groupon, we're using global technology teams to bring back the excitement of local retails. Groupon is all about local experiences: local restaurants; local nightlife; local shopping. We spend our days developing tools, platforms and experiences that help small businesses thrive in their local communities. We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we’re using cutting edge technology to build products that regularly positively impact the lives of over 50 million people and hundreds of thousands of small business owners.
The Dynamic Pricing team drives one of Groupon's most important goals -- competitive pricing. We connect our data science teams, our customers, and our business users to ensure that the deals you see on Groupon have unbeatable pricing. We build services to power many millions of page views per minute, and hundreds of thousands of price changes each day. We also build applications and features that allow our internal users to manage pricing and setup special sales or campaigns.
If you have ambition and drive and want to own your own road map in a company that knows how to scale, we want to talk to you.
We're looking for great technology developers to hack on a variety of products aimed at making customers’ and small business’ lives easier and happier. We work in small, self-managing, collaborative and agile teams, and team with product designers to implement stuff quickly.
- Work directly with the product manager and other engineers to build features that improve the effectiveness of our pricing
- Be able to work mostly independently, actively seek feedback from users and product managers
- Take ownership of an application’s features end-to-end. Be able to drive feature design, automated tests, code refactoring, all the way through delivery.
- Be strong advocate of best design practices
- Participate in a highly-collaborative engineering team; we are passionate about sharing ideas to constantly improve our work culture and the products we build.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience of 4+ years in professional software development.
- Experience with both front-end and backend development platforms
- Experience with Java or Scala is a plus
- Experience with relational database systems such as Mysql and Postgres.
- You're willing and excited to learn new technologies, including Java, Clojure, Scala, Ember.js
- Nice to have: experience working with Hadoop/Hive
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally