- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
Architect, design, and deliver new software and features for our next generation Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP) and Cloud Native CCAP. Primary activities include the design and implementation with cloud native development technologies. This role progresses through the full product life cycle including development, testing, integration, and support. Open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork, and customer success are the foundations of our team.
Also, offers opportunity to be part of small team to architect and transform current Video Access products and solutions to cloud centric architecture.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Service Provider Business Unit is a global engineering, development and product management team of approximately 6,000 people. We deliver the products, software and solutions that our Service Provider customers need to realize the business outcomes for success. Our worldwide customers include national and local carriers/telcos, video, cable, internet service, media, web and over-the-top (OTT) service providers.
Who You Are
The CABU Video Access Software Development team is developing the next generation Converged Cable Access Platform and Cloud Native CCAP. You will be part of a fast-paced Engineering team responsible for delivering quality driven code based on system requirements.
* Excellent design, programming, and debugging skills (C/C++), Python, Java
* Understanding of multi-threaded/multi-core concepts, inter-process communication (IPC), synchronization primitives (semaphores)
* Working knowledge of IP networking and related protocols (unicast/multicast/TCP/IP/RPC/Sockets)
* Experience with software development tools (Bug tracking, revision control, Static Analysis)
* M.Tech/M.E. with 4+ years or B.E/B.Tech with 5+ years of related experience
* Experience in development of large software projects as part of a team
* Familiarity with Video transport/control protocols (MPEG/GQI/ERMI) and Video Solutions (VOD/SDV/DVB/PowerKEY) desirable
* Experience in or passion for building a PaaS solution using Kubernetes, Docker, etc
* Experience in or passion for distributed systems such as Cassandra, etc
* Strong understanding of OOA& D, Design patterns and SOA architectures and horizontal scalability tenets
* Expert in use of standard of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
* Experience developing applications in Java, Springboot, good understanding of Apache Kafka
* Experience with REST and JSON
* Background in User Interface Design
* Comfortable working in Continuous Integration development environment
* Experience writing unit tests using JUnit
* Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
* Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
* Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
* Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.