- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do:
Cisco seeks a Senior Software Engineer to be a part of Cisco Managed Services Group. You will use agile methodologies and cutting edge software technologies to build a software solution that top Enterprise and Service Provider customers use to run their business critical operations. Broad knowledge of and exposure to Fulfilment, Assurance domains are essential for success in this role.
In this highly visible role as a Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with a highly motivated engineering team engaged in developing next generation software for management of network services for Service Providers and Datacenters
- Interface with various functional groups for building as well as deployment of cloud hosted software.
- Identify alternatives for solving complex technical problems in the platform and recommend choice of alternative by analyzing consequences and tradeoffs.
- Solve challenging customer found defects by interfacing with platform operations.
Who You'll Work With
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. You will be integrating and/or developing components to empower the Managed Services platform for Cisco Services that Cisco customer use for running their business critical operations. You'll collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team and use cutting edge cloud technologies to deliver a world-class customer experience that differentiates Cisco from its peers.
Who You Are
Both your clients and your teammates consider you a charismatic, articulate leader and a born diplomat. As a result, you have a winning record of developing and winning multimillion dollar multi-architecture contracts, and you can program manage complex, global initiatives.
At minimum, we expect you to have a Typically requires Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Masters degree in Computer Science or Information Technology combined with minimum six years of relevant experience. You should have experience in following areas.
- Expertise in programming languages – Python, Good to have - Java.
- Strong conceptual understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience in networking domain (snmp, syslog, ssl) and expertise in at least one Network Management System
- Good Scripting skills: bash, php
- Good understanding/Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL DB (e.g. Mongo DB)
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life cycle.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Fast ramping up on new technologies, work, committed, go getter positive attitude.
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Working experience in tools like Splunk, ServiceNow will be a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.