- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
Our team develops Network Software stack for Routing protocols, Manageability protocols and solutions interacting closely with Core OS and System and works in close collaboration with Platform development teams to enable the Software stack on the existing and future platforms.
This team owns the charter on common software for Routing protocols like OSPFv2/v3, EIGRP, RIP, HSRP, VRRPv2/v3, GLBP, manageability protocols including OAM, BFD, SLA and routing infrastructure RPM, PBR, Tunnel. Common software so developed spans across products in Service Providers, Enterprise and Data centers. In addition, team works on technologies including virtualization infra, Application hosting and Serviceability infrastructure software. Team also works on emerging technologies in data models, telemetry integration and routing innovations like Segment routing and Mobile-IP.
Who You'll Work With
The Core Software Group (CSG) Platform Independent (PI) group is responsible for driving the PI software that works across Cisco's flagship routers and switches. We design and develop high-performance system software for various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers, Datacenter Switches, and Service Provider Routing Platforms.
Who You Are
We require creative and talented engineers with experience in developing high-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for planning test activities, devising test cases and variations, designing test automation plans, manual execution of test cases and developing test scripts for new features, as well as maintaining existing features and areas. Collaborate with cross functional stake holders like system and solution test teams and development engineering in ensuring a deployable quality of the system and software. Work with customer interfacing teams in sourcing field knowledge into internal test processes, providing transfer of information, work with simulation/reproduction of problems reported and incorporate field learnings into internal test plans and processes. Exposure and understanding of IETF/public technical specifications.
• Good experience in feature level testing and system level understanding of access, edge, core routing platforms and software stacks.
- Test script development Experience in one of Python, TCL and/or associated environments
- Excellent debugging, problem solving skills
- Sound fundamentals in Operating Systems and Data Networking fundamentals
- Strong Layer 2 expertise with hands-on experience in routing infra structure like PBR, ACL, Tunnel. Expertise in Layer 3 protocol like OSPF, IPV4/6 (unicast/multicast), VRRP, GLBP
- Hands on experience test equipment like Spirent, IXIA, Sniffers, Packet captures (Wireshark) etc.
- Exposure to Data Center technologies is added advantage.
- Exposure to development of large/complex network devices including routing & switching systems.
- We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.