- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Architect - 90214395
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - 19 Dec 2018
· To lead the software design of the Barclays API Portals and Platforms, across the Solutioning, High Level and detailed design, build and unit test phases of the lifecycle.
· To maintain an in-depth technical understanding of the Platform and supporting applications / products, being recognised as the ‘go to’ contact for technical queries, Project Support.
· To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the API Platforms are maintained across their lifetime, leading aspects of Design and contributing to the development of any technical changes being proposed.
· To provide platform-specific knowledge and technical expertise to assist in the definition of technical strategies or business solutions.
Technical Consultancy (20%)
· Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business solutions or technical strategies.
· Acts as a trusted adviser to project teams to interpret the API Strategy and understand the API Platform technologies
· Provide input, contribute and review Architecture Visions and High Level designs for projects using the API Platforms
· Provide estimates for engineering work in the production of Advice and Guidance (A&G) documents and project Plan and Estimates (P&Es).
· Solve unique and complex technical problems with broad impact on the business unit as a whole.
· Provide full and detailed analysis, insightful commentary and recommendations for technical action as appropriate.
· Develop a broad awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to component area of expertise, and seek opportunities to apply them.
· To aid in the definition of product strategy and Roadmaps.
Requirements Gathering (10%)
· Liaise with business clients to help shape initial ideas into firm system requirements, ensuring that they are sufficiently comprehensive and detailed to support effective system development.
· Present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view.
· Establish an end-to-end view and capture all key requirements. Establish clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.).
· Ensure that all requirements are 'testable' and agree test strategy with business and test team lead.
· Understand technical constraints of live environment / architecture, support business clients in understanding any ‘requirement versus cost’ trade-offs.
Technical Design and Development (Design, Build, Unit Test) (50%)
· Produce Detailed design artefacts such as word document, confluence pages, visio diagrams
· Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
· Work with the API Build teams to ensure API Management principles are considered and adopted
· Undertake impact assessment of change requests against the API Portals and Platforms.
· Review component designs to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end platform design.
· Review test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered changes; assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing.
· Collaborate with other component design and build teams, ensuring that end-to-end system design is followed.
· Ensure that technical engineering quality standards / benchmarks are met, taking remedial action where there are quality shortfalls.
· Complete technically-complex assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind.
· Where system development is part of a wider set of interdependent systems changes, collaborate with the Systems Designers from the other areas to ensure end-to-end technical integrity of the development, leading this collaboration when required.
· Production of detailed technical
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.