- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Architect - 90230719
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - 30 Apr 2019
Job Title: Solution Architect
Working as a Solution Architect providing Barclays with appropriate solutions to business requirements specifically relating to the Purchase to Pay area. The job holder will be working with SAP, Coupa and integrations plus other 3rd party software where appropriate
The role holder will be involved in both internal stakeholder engagement and third party resources where applicable. Solutions developed should consider both technical considerations as well as related support and broader business implications. There will be a large focus on Stakeholder engagement understanding what is being asked and looking to how and what technical solutions are available to fit the business need.
The role holder will be responsible for designing and/or review of all change activities undertaken by Procurement for the specific area in question including both small change and larger projects. This to include sign off of design documentation e.g. IDDS, FDDs where appropriate.
Development and socialisation of appropriate technology and/or functional policies and procedures to ensure effective management and governance of Procurement Applications.
Undertake active knowledge transfer to other Procurement Team members, colleagues and business contacts.
Proactive engagement with SAP, Coupa and/or other Application providers to discuss and develop functionality to meet Barclays specific requirements
To undertake customer satisfaction surveys, develop and execute a plan for improving (and measuring) customer satisfaction and improving the service offered to the business.
To review, redevelop and enhance existing P2P systems to improve use-ability and effectiveness.
What will you be doing?
• The Solution Architect will have a key role in determining the best solution(s) to meet the business requirements. This will involve assimilating the requirements and technologies available and designing a mutually agreeable means of meeting the demand.
• The Solution Architect will act as a key point of contact to the Procurement stakeholders for the subject areas in question
What we’re looking for:
• Has recognised expertise in solutions/configuration to support the Purchase to Pay process and familiarisation with other areas that will either be upstream or downstream. As such knowledge of Supplier and Contract Modules will be of benefit plus downstream areas such as Payments
• Significant experience with SAP/Ariba/Coupa or similar Systems is essential
• Problem solving; able to resolve issues of a complex or strategic nature involving areas within and outside of Functions and the immediate business areas supported.
• Planning and issues resolution; able to direct internal strategies, think issues through logically and identify appropriate resolutions, with future thinking
• Effective presentation and communication skills at all levels are paramount for success.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working with regulatory milestones
• Strong Analytical and documentation skills
• Risk and Issue management techniques and experience
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.