- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Designer - 90226366
Posting Range:5 Apr 2019 - 20 Apr 2019
Job Title : Sterling Senior Developer
Job Location : Pune
There is a major need to build in-house capability of Sterling Product into Barclays, to remove reliance that currently exists on the vendor product, and to enable change to be delivered in-line with Barclays business expectations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering day to day change into the File Gateway application, ensuring Barclays standards are adhered to and exceeded and that all project requirements are met. In addition, as a senior developer they will be responsible for supporting and managing junior development team members to ensure the continual growth of the team and identification and implementation of development process improvements and innovations.
What will you be doing?
· Deliver new requirements/fixes as part of a standard project development lifecycle, following development standards and best practice, delivering quality artefacts on time.
· Work closely with the peers within / outside team and keep stakeholders updated on progress against milestones.
· Enhance and improve application development capability via automation
· Highlight risk and issues via effective control and Standard Barclays processes.
· Ensure all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirement and Barclays policies and standards
· Actively participate in internal initiatives outside project work (for example, adoption of new tools and internal process improvements)
What we’re looking for:
· Strong development background in Sterling File gateway, Sterling Integrator, BPML, ideally within the financial sector.
· Experience of mapping and business process related changed in the Sterling suite would be highly beneficial to a candidate.
· Strong knowledge of core Java, SQL, XML handling, XSLT, EDIFACT, Swift and other file formats
· Development Experience in Sterling Product and knowledge on Protocols, Certificates, SEAS and Sterling Control Centre.
· Exposure to working with tools like Jenkins, Team city
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Ensure appropriate development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall etc.) are adhered to and have strong communication skills with other project stakeholders.
· Infra knowledge on Sterling products like SSP, SEAS will be an added advantage
· Basic knowledge on Java, and tools like Sonarqube, Checkmarx and exposure to Junits, code coverage will be of advantage.
· Knowledge on AWS, cloud basics will be an additional advantage.
Experience in DevOps implementation and ability to continually identify automation and integration opportunities to continuous improvement in application development processes.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.