- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
The Assigned Client Engineer will provide dedicated support for EMC/Netapp storage, Linux, Windows, VMware and custom application components within a complex environment.This position will serve as a customer-focused solution SME and will provide both escalation and engineering support to the customer as well as the Verizon 24x7 service desk.This is a customer-facing support & engineering role with On-Call responsibilities.
Required Skills & Exp:
The ideal candidate possesses a deep background in EMC, Netapp storage, MSSQL 2012 & 2016 – with hands on proficiency in Windows, Linux and VMware
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Big data/un-structured database clustering
• Microsoft Clustering
• SQL Always-On
• Manage and monitor VMware clusters from vCenter
• Experience supporting Hyper-Converged hardware (Cisco, Dell, Nutanix)
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts and troubleshooting practices in an Enterprise environment
• Ability to install, configure and support Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012
• Ability to install, configure and support various versions of Linux RHEL and CentOS
• Assist with software updates and hot-fix management
. Complex application support
• Assist with technical documentation creation
• Strong communication and human interaction skills
• Highly motivated self-starter that is able to work independently or as a member of a team
• Possess a sense of urgency with complete follow-through – personal accountability
• Able to work in a dynamic self-directed team.
What we’re looking for...
Experience with one or more of the following VMware components: NSX, vSAN, vRealize, vRA, vRO
MS System Center experience
SAN proficiency (EMC)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
About the company
For more than 100 years, Verizon has been at the center of the communications revolution.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
We help people, businesses and things communicate better.
The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.