- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Indirect & Reverse Logistics (IRL) Operations Insights team is looking for a self-starting, curious and results-oriented analyst/programmer who is interested in prototyping data products that will power Target’s future Indirect supply chain & Reverse logistics. The Analyst – Prototyping works with a broad, cross-functional team to build, test and iterate on solutions that provide insights to operations team within the IRL Global Supply Chain Organization.
The Operations Insights Prototyping team is responsible for building a high-quality proof of concepts / minimum viable products with business teams throughout the IRL Global Supply Chain organization. The team has a mix of business acumen and technical skills, allowing it to employ design thinking (and other problem-solving methodologies) to determine the root cause of issues, and deliver solutions for testing quickly using the agile framework.
This role requires a person with excellent analytical/technical abilities, the desire, and love of learning, and interest in Targets operations and logistics functions. We are looking for someone who has a deep commitment to collaboration and a proclivity to invent, interested in building cool stuff with great people. You should have some programming experience in an open source language (preferably R or Python), and a real interest to build and hone these skills. The candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable with ambiguity to work in our fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Experience in leading teams to solve complex business problems leveraging data, analytics and reporting capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) – Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts and modeling
- Familiarity with an open source programming language (R or Python)
- Familiarity with SQL, Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Passion for emerging technologies, a culture of continuous learning and innovation
- microsoft excel
About the company
Target Corporation (NYSE TGT) is an upscale discount retailer that provides high-quality, on-trend merchandise at attractive prices in clean, spacious and guest-friendly stores.