- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sr Application Operations Engineer-SAP APO
Oil & Gas Headquarters
GE Oil & Gas
Delivery of integrated SAP solutions for multiple SCM projects across BHGE businesses while working with Program Managers, functional owners, service providers and other members of SAP Dev ops team
- Owns complete SAP APO solution for various end-to-end business processes encompassing various development activities from prototyping, blueprinting, designing, configuration, testing, documenting to post go-live hyper-care support and issue resolution.
-Demonstrates expertise in managing tools including SAPGUI, standard APO Demand Planning Data Warehouse configuration, customized data extraction, user-exits/BADI, background report scheduling, process chain trouble-shooting, RFC and CIF monitoring and issue resolution.
-Oversees execution of in-house development Project: enhancement and new implementation solution delivery.
- Accountable for SAP PP (Discrete and Process) and APO related interfaces with external system and cross-module integration with other SAP modules.
- Drive SAP best practices standards across BHGE SAP Landscape. Ensure efficient and sustainable solution.
- Proactively engage stakeholders to identify opportunities for business process optimization and continuous improvement. Maintain and document cross-functional business process-domain knowledge.
- Ensure the delivery of Standard SOX compliant business solutions. Implement industry best practices as deemed applicable to extend capabilities and enhance effectiveness
- Maintain effective relationships across a distributed functional and global team in matrix environment to build an integrated solution.
- Assist leadership team in building multi-year ERP vision/strategy for the organization by aligning SAP technology with business Goals
The BHGE Staff application Operations Engineer reports to the Manager of Digital Operations and leads complex, multi-disciplinary teams in resolution of high-profile outages/application incidents leveraging contingent worker support team, internal supporting organizations and Application Operations coworkers when appropriate.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Information technology and related fields
- Proven experience in designing and configuring SAP APO SCM functional module, cross-functional business solutions and system integrations.
- Hands-on experience of APO integration with MM and PP/PP-PI is required
- Minimum two end-to-end projects in implementing SAP ERP and SCM
- At least 6-7 years of functional experience in SAP-APO
-2-3 years domain experience in manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of S/4 HANA will be helpful.
Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts, define alternatives to remove technical roadblocks.
- Experience in leading globally distributed teams and working with multi-cultural environment
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced ecosystem
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated, Self-starter
- Able to travel overseas for work
- Global rollout experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGE.com or visit us at BHGE.com.
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.