- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
India - Karnataka, Bangalore
“As part of the strategic initiative, Global Delivery Center (GDC) organization has been established in AECOM India to provide a wide range of technical services in multi-disciplinary Building engineering, Architecture, Structural, Transportation and Water disciplines to other AECOM offices globally. At present, GDC has a core team of 350+ personnel experienced in Building engineering and Transportation design, located in Gurgaon and Bangalore, India.
- AECOM are continuing to expand their successful and established Design Delivery team in India and have an immediate vacancy in their Global Design Centre, Bangalore, India Office.
- The AECOM Global Design Centre team has an established track record of successfully delivering high profile development schemes, offering staff the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting International projects.
- The India C&I GDC has multi-disciplinary capability is being offered to our wide range of existing clients which includes developers, public & private sector authorities, corporate entities primarily in the UK, US & Middle East.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting their project engineers/sr. engineers on design tasks to support civil infrastructure highways engineering activities for the design delivery team. Includes planning, design, tender and construction phases of development projects of urban, rural roadways, expressway and freeways schemes.
- Our Design Delivery Engineering team currently has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Highways Engineer with minimum experience of such development engineering projects. Typical duties will include the technical design | modelling of Highways design models and detailed engineering technical deliveries for preparing plans, profiles, earthworks, signing markings, quantities, schedules etc. for industrial, commercial and public infrastructure developments using Civil 3D and AutoCAD tools.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and technically minded Engineer to join Aecom GDC (Global Design Centre), Bangalore. India. This would be an ideal opening for a Junior level of experienced Highways Engineer who has exposure/already worked with in the Highways design and modelling aspects and its outputs and delivery tasks. This position will provide good opportunity to join and work with the Highways team, advancing in their design & modelling related deliveries and productions with very strong pipeline of projects along with the fast-growing discipline, the Linear Infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will be highly organised and able to manage his own time and tasks efficiently.
- 4 Years Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering | Equivalent in experience.
- 3 to 4 years of working experience with similar organisation/competitors.
- Having considerable involvement in Highways design and modelling tasks of major & minor roadways alignments, junctions, site designs, parking lots etc.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D | MxRoad | OpenRoads (latest versions & its tool sets).
- Awareness of Highways geometric design basics, site grading concepts, exhibit ideas of basic roadway drawings/design outputs, road hierarchy, networks & corridors, utilities.
- Awareness of Highways design codes (i.e. DMRB, AASHTO, ME Region Codes & IRC etc.)
- Awareness of Highways design detailing, having dealt relevant minor designs independently.
- Common ideas in modelling of roadway corridors, parking lots, other sites including junctions and other civils design surfaces.
- Considerable exposure in urban roadways 2D layout design and developing junctions and roundabouts using geometric design tools/AutoCAD.
- Awareness/experienced in roadways delivery components of quantities take-off, self-checks, vehicle tracking/swept path analysis, roadways visibility checks, sight line analysis, design departure note inputs etc.
- Very good knowledge in 2D and 3D concepts, isometric views, sections, profiles, plan & profile scales etc.
- Working knowledge of CDE platform (Common Data Environment) i.e. ProjectWise, BIM360, Viewpoint etc.
- Good English communication skills.
- Good team player.
Post Graduation Degree in relevant domain.
- Exposure in MxRoad, InRoads, OpenRoads, AutoCAD & MicroStation design/drafting Tools.
- Good background of Geometric design & awareness of Design Codes.
- Exposure in Urban Roadways/Renewal schemes modelling aspects.
- Awareness/Exposure of Roadmarking & Traffic signs design/tools activities.
- CAD Activities/drawings production checking/overseeing experience.
- Good awareness of Highways Packages/stagewise design delivery components/skills.
- Basic ideas of Roadways BIM modelling approach/aspects.
- Knowledge of AutoTrack or Vehicle Tracking tools and schedules.
- Awareness of Quantities-take off, volumetric analysis, grading design, site modelling aspects.
- Awareness of Highways design inputs and outputs and exchange interfaces of Civil 3D, MxRoad, OpenRoads etc.).
- Awareness of Quality aspects (i.e. registers, design issues logs, QC process and design transmittals etc.).
- Able to work efficiently and meet required deadlines by following relevant design manuals/standards and practices.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Global Delivery Services (GDS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229406BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project