- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Cloudera, we are focused on building a world-class Customer Support team that is always available for our customers, but rarely needed. The Cloudera Knowledge base has been instrumental in helping our customers to effectively use our products and resolve issues. We are committed to the success of our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to create and manage the content within our Customer Support Knowledge Base. In this role, you will be required to use your writing and editing skills to ensure that the knowledge base articles published are of the highest quality.
Drive successful self-help experiences and support interactions by reviewing and editing high-quality and timely content that results in beneficial assistance for our customers and our support teams.
In this position, you will…
- Review, edit, and publish knowledge base articles on a daily basis for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Cloudera’s commitment to quality
- Ensure content adheres to the quality standards of Cloudera Customer Community.
- Review reports and provide input and recommendations into analysis, quality and improvement of articles and procedures.
- Identify content gaps and actively work on getting those closed.
- Review and approve customer facing support videos. Engage with support members at all stages of the video creation process.
- Drive content reuse by identifying and promoting existing technical content that can help close cases faster (consider ways to aggregate and promote content to internal / COEs) or drive deflection (consider ways to aggregate and promote content assets to solve the most common problems to customers)
- Implement concepts of search engine optimization by giving importance to keywords for easy findability.
- Collaborate with technical teams to create awareness of documentation quality in order to improve external and internal customer experience.
- Coordinate with respective SMEs to enhance article reviews and volume of articles being published.
- Rate the quality of each incoming KB article, populate KB score cards for authors, and track individual progress.
- Refresh and maintain editorial guides, author’s checklists, and other internal reference documents.
- Test new features on Support portal, Community and collaborate with internal teams to document updates and consolidate inputs for system improvements.
- Participate in short-term projects and deployment activities
- Prepare Test cases
- Participate in UAT
In this position, you should have…
- 5-7+ years of experience in the field of Knowledge management or technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/English/Journalism
- Excellent writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Awareness of Knowledge Base concepts or KCS methodology is a plus
- Certification in Technical Writing or Instructional Design will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of HTML and Web concepts is a plus
- Great attitude, energy and enthusiasm are critical
- Passionate about producing top-quality written content
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with others within team and across boundaries; acknowledges contributions of others; works effectively with global team with competing priorities, builds partnerships for knowledge sharing.
You might also have...
- Ability to learn and employ new technologies quickly
- Ability to parse technical and procedural information into easy-to-understand answers that help customers and agents solve problems
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Complete understanding of at least one knowledge management tool preferably Khoros.
- Ability to work with minimum or without supervision
- Ability to work with global teams
- Strong communication skills with peer management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Complete dedication and adherence to deadlines
- High productivity and innovative thinking
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to adapt and change management skills
- Familiarity with HTML
- Familiarity with Jira’s and wiki
About the company
Cloudera, Inc. is a US-based software company that provides a software platform for data engineering, data warehousing, machine learning and analytics that runs in the cloud or on premises.