- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sr Software EngineerPosition summary
Trading Services is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer for our Trading Services group. We are building cloud-native applications to deliver commission management and critical regulatory and analytical reporting services to brokers, investment managers, and exchanges throughout the world.
Duties & accountabilities
- Able to work independently and also guide and mentor junior members in the team.
- Able to execute Devops projects independently.
- Work with developers to improve development and deployment processes;
- Work with product owners to determine customer and internal requirements for system capacity and reliability;
- Work with other groups in the organization to comply with and help define our global cloud computing strategies;
- Ready to work to support across timezones for Devops work
- Get your hands dirty daily, building everything you've designed.
- Ready to work in shifts overlapping with US.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8-10 years of Devops experience.
- 4+ years of AWS Development experience.
- Solid Linux, scripting, and TCP/IP skills.
- Understanding of design and architecture of the application.
- Good understanding of Git, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, RDS, Elasticsearch, EMR, Spark, Athena, EC2, Route 53, ALB, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Should have strong problem-solving technique.
- Experience building and deploying backend and web applications on JVM and node platforms;
Experience and understanding of the web development process
and project lifecycles. Financial experience is a plus.
Should be able to drive scrums and technology streams.
----------------------------------------------- IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- ms project