- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Quality Engineering Team is looking for an exceptionally talented software engineer, to deliver continuous improvement for the compute platform products. The Computation Platform is powered by open-source projects like Apache Hadoop YARN (https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html) and Kubernetes (https://kubernetes.io). The team’s primary goal is to test distributed compute resource management, scheduling and framework to run all types of workloads on both on-premises and multiple public cloud environments. You will do this through your deep understanding of automation tools, test methodologies for distributed software, and customer focus.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in quality and development.
- Design and build advanced automated testing framework, tools, and automated test suites, in Python (pytest), Golang, Shell, Java (TestNG/JUnit).
- Understanding of a variety of open source big data technologies.
- Good knowledge of test methodologies, creating test cases and test plans.
- Define the optimum suites for sanity, regression, smoke, deployment verification and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Debugging, and deploying software for highly scaled cluster applications, involving thousands of servers, or enterprise applications involving large data centers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in test development, automation tools development, and/or data center administration.
- Mine and analyze data from product code base and automation to enhance quality. Develop automated tests for web, APIs and performance.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, Docker and Kubernetes is an added advantage.
- Experience using public cloud platforms such as AWS / Azure / GCP.
About the company
Cloudera, Inc. is a US-based software company that provides a software platform for data engineering, data warehousing, machine learning and analytics that runs in the cloud or on premises.