- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Storage File Engineer - 90213754
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - 18 Dec 2018
Job Title: Storage File Engineer
Storage Service Operations provides across the board Run the Bank services to the Barclays group including responsibilities for break/fix support, provisioning, health checks/monitoring/tuning and capacity management as part of GTIS Hosting.
The Storage and Backup Engineer will become a member of the Service Operations team and the job requirements will include Coordination of requests, incidents and all provisioning tasks, alert monitoring and automation. Additionally, this role will get involved in the remediation of risk/audit actions and management of capacity.
· Manage the Storage estate (File & Block Storage, Switch Fabric, Backup & Archive infrastructure) performing technical activities such as provisioning, fabric configuration, Storage break/fix, hardware support & deployment, firmware upgrades – using all appropriate tools & monitors (GUI’s, CLI’s etc)
· Work on key Storage projects to implement new technology or enhance existing infrastructure.
· Manage/Liaise with key vendors (EMC/IBM/NetApp/Pure) and work with them to implement HW/SW recommendations
· Coordination of Requests, Changes and Incidents ensuring tickets are raised, owned and acted on appropriately and in a timely manner to help Service Operations deliver a quality service to its key customers.
· Contribute to the monitoring of alert based systems (eg. WebGUI and Netcool) and develop automation to drive the creation of tickets on Snow.
· Liaise with Service Assurance to maintain awareness of demand coming from PaaS or BAU sources and compare with Capacity reports. Advise Service Operations leadership of any significant issues meeting demand in a timely manner.
· Support in the development and maintenance of detailed documentation e.g. Process guides, training guides, manuals, functional specifications as required. Ensuring relevance to the target audience at the appropriate management levels.
· Complete all in-house technical and mandatory training to enhance your technical knowledge and ability as required.
• Strong technical skills/experience of Storage Infrastructure.
Proven ability to pick up new technical knowledge as appropriate
Team player, working collaboratively with all colleagues
Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Logical approach to work, self-reliance and ability to work independently
Ability to prioritise tasks and escalate where appropriate
Strong analytical skills
• Specific experience of Barclays Storage Infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of S:Now, ITIL and other Barclays tools and processes.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclay’s colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.