- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Division: Fine Chemicals - AgChem
Position Title: Assistant Manager- Safety
Level: Junior Staff
Reporting To : Safety Lead
The incumbent is responsible to verify and ensure occupational and process safety policies and requirements are fulfilled within the company. The role is also responsible to assist and advice the factory management in the fulfilment of its obligations, statutory or otherwise concerning prevention of injuries and maintaining safe working environment.
- Assist Head EHS site in implementation of Health & Safety related issues at Plant level
- Carry out surveillance in the plants to capture incidences of violations/ gaps in implementation of Safety systems and advise to take corrective measures
- Plan for implementation of safety management systems such that minimum accident/incident occurred
- Develop and implement inspection and surveillance plan for various areas of the plant
- Advise the concerned departments in planning and organizing measure necessary for the effective implementation of EHS criteria
- Identify Safety critical areas basis the process safety hazards involved and develop the inspection criteria to ensure all deviations are captured which give lead for onward actions.
- Audits of work permit system implementation, identify gaps and suggest corrective measures
- Audits of processes to identify deviations from set EHS criteria and suggest corrective measures.
- Ensure effective monitoring of behavior of people, reinforcing positive culture to enhance effective implementation of BBS Management program.
- Should participate effectively in Incident Investigation program
- Advice on measures to be adopted for removing the unsafe physical conditions and preventing unsafe actions
- Ensure safety & high productivity at the workplace
- Identify people who are vulnerable towards breach of Safety and Environmental regulations, identify training needs and get the training needs included in the training plan of people.
- Conduct suitable training and educational programme for the prevention of injuries.
If B.E. Chemical, then 5-7 years in Environment, Health and Safety department.
If BSc, then 5-7 years in Environment, Health and Safety department.
Industry to be Hired from
Able to conduct Mock Drill, Safety Audits, Safety Inspection and HAZOP.
Knowledge of Safety
Able to conduct Safety Audits and Safety Inspections
Able to do safety criticality assessments and develop inspection criteria
Should possess high level of skills towards investigation of deviations/ incidents
Interaction Complexity and Team Work
Purpose of Interaction
Safety Lead/ Head EHS
Discuss Technical / administrative and system related issues
Legal authorities – GPCB, Other statutory authorities
As required for the business