- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for establishing manufacturing processes for aerospace components among supply base in India and other region as per Honeywell Aerspace Sourcing Strategies. This role involves evaluating supplier capabilities against parts manufacturing requirements, identifying suitable suppliers, carry out cost estimation, and support the sourcing team in negotiations. The Manufacturing engineer is responsible for bridging the gaps in Technical know-how of the suppliers and prove-out of manufacturing processes for the components and/or products selected for sourcing. He/She leads the technical execution of sourcing projects at suppliers.
Establish Manufacturing processes and complete F.A.I.R per schedule at Honeywell’s suppliers for the parts/products that are identified for sourcing, in order to meet the targeted spend and productivity figures.
Evaluate manufacturing capabilities at supply base, Identify the Manufacturing risks (Part Risk Assessment), develop mitigation plans and drive actions for mitigation.
Evaluate the Sourcing package, and develop a detailed project plan for project execution for meeting the FAIR target dates.
Evaluate process sheets, tool design, handling and packaging methods etc. by the suppliers to ensure timely completion of process prove outs and F.A.I.R
Provide Training/Demonstration to Suppliers on opportunities for improved processes and collate potential benefits.
Validation of Results achieved by data gathering and analysis- Carryout FMEA, develop control plans.
Reporting out the Project progress thru Metrics, Milestones, and Early Warnings at various Tier meetings.
Work in a Multi-Cultural Environment and lead the initiatives and tasks to achieve the results.
Requirements: (7-10 years Experience, Graduate in Engineering or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience in development of Forgings or Castings for Aerospace or Automotive components in a supervisory role.
- Experience in working with Aluminum/ Nickel Alloys/ Cobalt Alloys/ Titanium/Ferrous alloys,
- Experience in Closed Die forgings or Die/Sand/ Investment castings. Experience in Single Crystal/Directionally Solidified/Cored castings will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in manufacturing process Documentation- Process sheets, Tooling, Quality Assurance, Work Instructions. Basic Machining of Castings and Forgings.
- Experience in design of tooling- Forging dies, casting molds etc, have thorough understanding on GD&T
- Familiarity with project management tools, Quality system requirements such as ISO9001, AS9100.
- Knowledge in CAD- NX, and PLM tool such as Teamcenter.
- Knowledge on Aerospace materials and Special processes- Heat Treatment and other processes.
- Experience in Manufacturing of Aero Engines components will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Fluent English written and spoken.
- Excellent Analytical skills- Problem Identification, Proposing corrective and preventive actions and defining implementation plan (RCCA).
- Reporting out the Project progress thru metrics, Milestones, raising Early Warnings at various Tier meetings.
- A self-starter, able to determine, plan and prioritize workload as necessary to achieve targets.Other competencies required for this role include: building relationships; dealing with ambiguity; interpersonal and communication skills; conflict and change management; drive for results.
- Involves travel- up to 30% of the time
50 Ensure projects are on or ahead of schedule
50 Implement and monitor project schedules
Honeywell Technology Solutions
Continued Professional Development
Job ID: HRD63574
Category: Business Management
Location: Devarabisanahalli Village, KR Varturhobli,, East Taluk - Phase I, Bangalore, KARNATAKA 560103 IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.