- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Business Entity
Cisco Services' mission is to accelerate customer success through innovative Services and world-class people, partners, processes, and tools. Services led interactions are a key differentiator to maximize the value of Cisco to customers and partners.
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer to join Cisco’s High Touch Expert Care delivery team for one of the major Service Provider in India. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and customers with all distributed elements of the service chain. The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite to resolve customer issues and for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
High Touch Engineering Servicesis design to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. In this role, you will be "Cisco’s face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible technical contributor delivering on our commitments. You need to be a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills, you’re well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
· Graduate in engineering/Science from reputed university with minimum 9 years of experience, at least 5 years of work experience is required on Cisco product and technologies.
· Fundamental knowledge in configuration and troubleshooting in IP routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, DHCP).
· Strong technical knowledge MPLS, L2 VPN, L3 VPN, Segment Routing, DNS, ASA, Multicast
· Expert level knowledge in cisco ASR9010, 920, 903,7600, 9922,9912.
· Good understanding of feature and functionality of XE, XR and IOS
· Previous work experience with Cisco TAC will be added advantage.
· CCIE Certification is desired, CCNP Certification is MUST.
· Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer.
· Lead the troubleshooting effort on problem reported by customer on issues to restore services in timely manner.
· Customer-specific designated support at network level.
· Escalation support for critical network outages and complex network issues.
· Established Technical Relationship to support customer network operations.
· On-site visits.
· Able to assist in critical changes by reviewing MoP.
· Regular scheduled review of open Service Requests working with Cisco TAC engineer to achieve a faster resolution.
· Holistic technical management of recurring network problems.
· Enhanced service delivery capability through broad understanding of customer’s operational needs and integration with assigned Cisco Services team.
· Improve communication with other functional groups within Technical Services and Sales team to focus on customer success.
· Improve relationship with customer to understand in a better way their network to provide quicker and more effective results to their requests.
· Established rapport with customer personnel.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.