- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Delivery Manager - 90231378
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 22 Apr 2019
Job Title: Technical Delivery Manager
Work closely with application developers working on mainframe technology within Customer Mainframe system , focusing on delighting and exceeding stakeholders with quality and timeliness of software deliverables. In parallel continuously improve application engineering and development capability and contributing to the wider Personal Banking leadership team goals.
What will you be doing?
· Plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, testing and deployment of a monthly/weekly/quarterly release for an application product
· Deliver projects within agreed timescales and budgets
· Coordinate the demands of a number of projects into one delivery plan
· Responsible for scoping, planning, budgeting and forecasting of a release
· Liaise with project managers to identify and engage the right resources needed to ensure the success of project
· To maintain a resource forecast that matches the aggregate demand profile
· Maintain an aggregate view of demand to assist project manager(s) in controlling projects and reporting progress, providing input from a technology perspective
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with teams across the organisation, ensuring effective delivery of applications into the production environment
· Liaise with project / product managers, keeping them updated on release progress against milestones, risks, issues and finances
· Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
· Identify own development needs and proactively drive development of own capability, using all available means, to achieve world class standards
· Support/Lead evaluation and review of emerging delivery methods, tools and standards. Apply new ways of working as appropriate
· Collaborate with the application support / service teams to ensure smooth transition of applications into their BAU environments
· Ensure that all governance, risk policies, procedures and compliance policies are adhered to.
What we’re looking for:
· Graduate with Technical background.
· Project Management Experience of not less than 1 years.
· Advanced knowledge in Microsoft excel and Microsoft Project
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Technical knowledge in mainframes (COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, IMS) is desirable
· Functional knowledge in Accounting and Clearing domain will be an added advantage
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.