- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You AreYou are a software engineer who believes in building customer delight thru simple and easy to use solutions. You love working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. You should be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. A full-stack developer who works on metadata driven products and applications engineering end-to-end, crafting components, widgets and persistence mechanism.
What You'll Do
- Build high performant, highly scalable, complex and distributed systems – end to end
- Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
- Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
- Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
Who You'll Work With
- Work closely with development, test and with various cross technology teams to design development strategies and plans followed by designing & writing code reflecting the requirements and functionality of the product.
- Work with other functions such as Architects, Product owners/customers, Quality Engineering to help prioritize, define, and implement features with the right quality.
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 11-14 years.
- Strong experience in Java, Python or other modern programming languages/technologies.
- Proven foundation in data structures, algorithms, object oriented Design, SOA architectures
- Experience in building large, asynchronous task systems, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles
- Experience of Docker or other configuration management tools
- Hands on experience with RESTful Webservices and Responsive web design patterns.
- Solid Understanding of threads, threading model and concurrent programming
- Extensive hands-on experience building services using these technologies (Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate) including JVM Memory model, Optimizations and fine-tuning of JVM
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL/PostGreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent teammate.
- Expert in use of standard of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
- Past experience working in Agile/Scrum environment and standard methodologies like TDD, Code Reviews and owns Automated tests to ensure quality.
- Design and development skills in networking and network management domain (knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing), SNMP, CIM/XML.
- Experience of developing in UNIX/Linux Operating System environments
- Expertise in Messaging Systems as Kafka, RabbitMQ
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.