- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This role is for a Technical Specialist within the Charles River (CRD) development team. The role will play a key role in development and maintenance of custom-built screens, microservices, APIs on FIL cloud to support various initiatives in CR platform including Compliance, FX hedging solutions, and asset classes such as Equity, FI & Multi-Asset. The successful candidate will join a team working closely with the Development Manager, Project Managers, Database Administrators and Business Analysts. Activities will include reviewing and documenting requirements, analysing and implementing the design and providing testing strategies for their work. They will also be required to work as part of a team and, from time to time, on individual initiatives.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide input in to architectural, design and process decisions and take a proactive approach to improving quality and process. He/She will be expected to be able to communicate effectively with traders, business analysts and wider project team in order to deliver the requirements successfully.
As an Technical Specialist the person shall be expected to work as hands on developer who shall deliver software features within a project; meeting business requirements with highest standards of quality and responsiveness of extremely timely deliveries to business; with limited supervision.
- Design and develop Technology solutions for Trading Platform.
- Adoption of Continuous Delivery Practices within the Product Team
- System development as per design and high level specifications
- Observe and adhere to coding standards and process guidelines
- Suggest improvements in system development process / application areas
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Business Users to understand the requirements and utilise it in devising solutions
- Work hand-in-hand with the product team to provide a stable platform
- Include non-functional requirements while devising solutions.
- Instrumental in fine tuning of existing product components to increase efficiency/agility Experience and Qualifications Required
- Seasoned IT software delivery professional with an experience of 6+ years of hands on development.
- Expert at following technology sets -Java 8Angular 5 or aboveSpring & Apache family of librariesWeb applications, Web Services and batch applications developmentSQL and Oracle development (or similar RDBMS)Unix command line and scriptingYou are highly skilled and efficient with Java development tooling like Eclipse (or similar)Application development tools and frameworks like maven, ant, check style, PMD, fortify, junit, fitnesse, SOAP UI etc.Experience with messaging based development on any of the technologies like WebSphere MQ, Active/Rabbit/Sonic MQ
- Experience with agile / continuous delivery paradigms of software development and with extreme programming (XP) techniques is a key.
- Should be a craftsman on test first model of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Expert at putting in continuous integration and build/release automation practices. Experience on at least one build server like Bamboo and Jenkins etc.
- Has ability to envision design for complex functional and technical problems while incrementally evolving the implementation in simple progressive steps of deliveries.
- You are at ease with understanding/supporting the code base written by others and in learning/trying wider technology sets / problem solving methods used in a project.
- Aware and experienced with code and language/technology best practices.
- Experience with advanced troubleshooting and performance tuning methods for Java / web based ecosystems like container tuning, memory/thread analysis, SQL tuning etc. Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
About the company