- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Test Analyst - 90201542
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - 18 Dec 2018
Job Title: Test Analyst
o To develop and review test code and contribute to creation of testing strategies to validate large-scale software development and deployments.
o Pair/Partner with developers to embed quality into product development by reviewing unit and integration tests.
o Contribute to development of automation strategies and implement the same for right ratio of unit, API and GUI tests
o Creation/Automation of test data and test harnesses
o Develop test harness, data generation tools, test mocks to support unit and API level testing
o Good understanding of Cards domain and Testing principles in various delivery models (Agile)
o Analysis design and implementation of test solutions to fit the business requirements
o Is capable of effective stakeholder management, supporting business for making informed decisions based on test results, possess good analytical skills
· Engage and Govern the FAT teams and track progress to plan.
· Handholding and mentoring BA2’s, new SI team members
· Proactively take up additional deliveries / tasks.
· Help identify ways to increase the resource efficiency / productivity.
· Help PTL in Team building, motivation, people oriented.
· Help define processes and follow them within area of remit.
· Accountable for the Test coverage.
· Own the test estimates and the IA of the change.
· Own Test data approach and liaise with TDM to ensure delivery within time.
· Identify the test cases for Regression and keep Regression pack optimized and automated.
· Perform test execution at least 50% of the time during execution.
· Accountable for RTM.
· Own delivery and sign off of the Test Strategy, Test Plan, Approach and TCM and ensure the periodical updates are provided such as DSR, WSR, KPI.
· Own and engage the test environments demand, booking, secure env, interfaces, liaise with GTIS etc.
· Experience of analysing project documentation to extract requirements, system functions and other features to be tested
· Experience of using test management tools (e.g.
) to manage testing activity and to provide testing metrics
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Flexible and pragmatic approach to changes on projects
a) BE/B-Tech with minimum years’ of experience relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience with a degree in Computer Science or Applied Computer Science.
b) Hands on experience on writing Code / Automated Tests and understand overall automation framework Demonstrated expertise in Object Oriented Programming, and polyglot programming proficiencies in Java, HTML, CSS
c) Deliver all planned automated testing as part of ‘done’, including unit tests for any framework code developed.
- Integration: Services, Components, Integrations (medium tests)
- System: User stories, End to End (large tests)
d) Extensive knowledge of Agile Test estimation techniques approaches and processes.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclay’s colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.