- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Test Analyst - 90216988
Posting Range:9 Apr 2019 - 23 Apr 2019
Job Title : Test Analyst
This is a Test Analyst role for System, System Integration or End-to-End testing for projects that require changes to one or several systems. The key purpose of the role is:
· Participate in project Test requirement analysis
· Under minimal supervision, creates Test ware - estimates, scenarios, cases, data, automated test scripts, assist in creation of Gherkin based user stories
· Executes Tests and collates evidence
· Defect reporting and tracking.
· Demonstrate implementation of process, strategy and/or testing improvement/efficiencies.
· Articulates the tests executed, data used, the results and defects to project stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
· Functional & Technical expertise role in developing & identifying tools that will optimise and improve the quality of testing
· Contribute to impact analysis, test estimations, test planning for project
· Create test scripts (manual/automated) & test data based on test model (test scope) defined by test architect
· Set up and Execute tests using both automation tools and manual methods as applicable aligning to overall test strategy defined.
· Raise defects, provide sufficient details and logs readily for further analysis and work with development teams to close the defects with appropriate root cause analysis documented.
· Raise Integrated Environment dependencies and highlight the risks for the Programmes
· Contribute to overall environment and data approach for the programme/project.
· Use Test Automation tools as per Automation Approach defined by the Programme/Portfolio leads, come up with own ideas to innovate and automate all testing activities applicable to support the Automation and Continuous Improvement journey.
· Understand the Systems Architecture, Test Environments landscape and share your understanding within the team
· Escalate any issues to Test Manager/Portfolio Test Lead as appropriate and in timely manner and provide options to resolve the issues
· Demonstrate an improvement in business and/or system knowledge in your relevant program line
· Assist Portfolio Test Lead in any operational tasks of managing a team and support Portfolio Test Architect in adaption of agile and new processes/tools across programmes
What we’re looking for:
· Graduate with software engineering background
· Hands on Experience in JIRA and Agile methodology.
· Experience in software testing - test delivery management
· Domain/Testing/Technical certification will be an advantage
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Identifies reusable and innovative ways of testing approaches and methods for testing application or domain
· Adheres to test schedule in conjunction with project schedule, Collaborates with other work streams to recover slippages
· Assesses and effectively communicates impact on the existing systems/business processes and estimates the effort involved in implementing the change
· Takes unpopular stands if necessary to deliver the best outcome
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.