- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TPE Rates Developer - 90229777
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 22 Apr 2019
Job Title: TPE Rates Developer
A Java developer is required to assist with extensions to the Fixed Income trade capture and workflow systems in order to support the Fixed Income business. Strong communication skills and an understanding of fixed income products and pricing will allow this developer to interface effectively with business analysts and understand the enhancements required to bring new markets onto this platform. Experience with developing in front office trading systems and the software development processes used by large teams is preferred. Given the wide range of systems and technologies in use by fixed income, the candidate must be able to quickly understand existing systems and make extensions in a way that limits regression impact. The candidate will be expected to work autonomously and have experience working on large globally distributed teams.
What will you be doing?
• Deliver new features and fix issues within the platform
• Contribute to and lead design exercises
• Perform peer code reviews
• Provide rota based 3rd line support for TCC services
• Engage with Business Analysts on project work, and directly with users on Minor Works
• Stakeholder management and guidance to other new joiners.
• Decision making and problem solving for production issues
• Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
• Strong core Java / .NET background with completely hands on experience on complex systems written in Java
• Strong knowledge of XML structures, navigation, validation and transformation
• Experience with web services and multithreading
• Exposure to Java / .NET GUI development
• Good SQL skills
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and the complexities that come with managing a large team of developers working on a common code base
• Strong communication skills and the ability to discuss relevant business concepts with business analysts, traders, operations, front office support and testers
• Experience working as part of a global team, following follow-the-sun model
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of fixed income products and pricing
• Messaging technologies (Solace, MQ) a plus
• Maven/Spring & Perforce a plus
• Self-motivation, with the ability to work to challenging deadlines with minimal direction
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication when liaising with directly with peers, the business and operational staff
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.