- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Transition Manager (Assistant VP) - 90231048
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - 24 Apr 2019
Job Title :
Transition Manager (Assistant VP)
Location : Chennai
Responsible for scoping, planning, budgeting and forecasting Transition Projects delivery initiatives across groups of delivery areas, with potentially, a variety of management specialism’s. Responsible for managing delivery initiatives to approved budgets and business commitments. Being fully aligned to Global Servicing vision and all Barclays policies, practices and culture
Developing and enhancing Project transition methodology, Offshore Opportunity identification methodology (questionnaire and prioritisation matrix) and ensure effective deployment of these tools during transition projects. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all internal & external stakeholders
What will you be doing?
Project Management (80%)
· Lead project from inception to delivery, including:
o Accountability for ensuring that project outcomes are achieved and completed to time and quality
o Accountability for ensuring projects budgets are managed accurately and effectively
o Accountability for ensuring project remains on track to deliver benefits
o Accountability for meeting outbound dependencies
o Manage projects in accordance with Execution Risk governance standards.
o Potentially manage project delivery across different countries, managing relationships and progress remotely
o Confidently manage technically or legally complicated projects and resolve complex issues
o Work with Business, internal IT and external supplier teams to ensure successful transition from project to BAU
· Liaise with business, internal IT and external suppliers’ team leaders to secure appropriate resource allocation
· Develop relationships with Senior Stakeholders across Operations, Technology and other business areas to shape change projects within their departments
· Work with Senior Stakeholders to identify new initiatives to enhance their business experience.
· Operate effectively with Senior Stakeholders, exerting influence and negotiation where necessary to define and drive the change agenda.
Project Reporting (10%)
· Report on project progress, project actual, forecasts, risks and issues to agreed standard, and escalate appropriately.
Risk Governance and Security (5%)
· Ensure strict adherence to Barclays Group Governance and Security standards, in particular in relation to the above responsibilities.
· Conduct all project work in line with appropriate Barclays project management standards and other Barclays methods and quality standards
· Manage projects in accordance with Execution Risk governance standards.
Project Management Best Practice (5%)
· Impart change and project management principles to others involved in projects
· Continued development as a Project Manager, by delivering stretching projects (in terms of complexity, stakeholders, budget and benefits)
· Maintain leading-edge personal and professional development by regular and focused activity, which covers the complete development spectrum (i.e. conferences, courses, personal coaching, etc).
What we’re looking for:
· Proven change/project management skills including tracking and benefits realisation & strong planning skills in producing and monitoring against project plans.
· Ability to effectively work with cross functional groups and establish rapport and credibility at all levels & adept at budget management
· Ability to task manage and motivate business and technical staff in a matrix management environment & excellent communication skills in multiple formats. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to peers and senior / executive-level stakeholders.
· High level of personal organisation and ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and execute at speed & ability to resolve issues and escalate appropriately
· Bachelor’s degree (B. Tech / B.E. / B. Com / BBA / B.Sc / Other)
Skills that will help you in the role:
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.