- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Vice President - Process Transformation - 90209619
Posting Range:7 Dec 2018 - 9 Dec 2018
Job Title: Vice President - Process Transformation
The Process Architect Lead is a role within the Process Transformation Team, which is responsible for supporting Risk, Finance and Treasury functions across the Barclays Group to deliver a simplified data and systems architecture and operating model.
The data strategy follows a process led approach, whereby the Barclays data and systems architecture facilitates the implementation of processes and controls through standardisation and automation.
In particular, the data strategy is focused on timely provision of consistent controlled information. To achieve this, the Process Transformation Team work closely with subject matter experts across Risk, Finance and Treasury, Data Lineage, Technology Architects and Programme Managers to address process, data and application challenges in designing an overarching target operating model.
On a day-to-day basis, the Process Transformation team undertake analysis of current and future state business processes to identify optimisation opportunities as part of the operating model design. The team also embed a common language across the bank in development of an overarching ‘process taxonomy’ as well as advisory and oversight change activities to agree a permit a build through the Data Architecture Council.
- Leading projects or work streams, typically as part of large scale transformation programmes, that are focused on identifying process optimisation opportunities.
- Identification of innovative, value added solutions by focussing on eliminating inefficiencies, facilitating standardisation and building straight-through-processing capabilities.
- Engagement with senior stakeholders to document business objectives, build delivery plans and provide progress updates through Portfolio Forums that include business, change management, data lineage and technology teams.
- Make prioritisation decisions and resolve implementation risk and control issues ensuring delivery within agreed budget and time frame.
- Ensure process modelling analysis provides clear linkages to the Enterprise Process Taxonomy, business service offerings, people, cost and controls of running the underlying business.
- Applying bank wide optimisation methodologies to identify and implement process improvements or efficiencies to meet key business objectives.
- Ensure current and future state process design align to the group’s strategic IT operating model.
- Extensive working experience in managing large scale (cross divisional/multiple geographies) projects/programmes by using Six Sigma and Lean methodologies along with previous experience in organisational analysis and design
- Actively support the development of team members in identifying strengths and weaknesses, in providing suggestions for improvements and in maintaining a constructive and open feedback culture.
- Support knowledge sharing within the team in conducting coaching and training driving a high performance culture.
- Ability to effectively deliver timely and comprehensive results in environments or projects that are nonlinear, fast-paced, and often characterised by incomplete information and stakeholder disagreements
- Advanced skills in effective stakeholder management along with advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to discuss and face different points of view or disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English across all levels along with the ability to quickly adapt communication styles to different audiences.
- Proactively seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and identifying potential sources for new ideas and approaches, leading to an improved performance.
- Investment and/or retail banking experience within a Risk, Finance or Treasury function
- Senior Business Analysis
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.