- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Windows L3 Engineer and Code Developer - 90213844
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - 11 Dec 2018
Job Title: Windows L3 Engineer and Code Developer
• Technical support to facilitate design & delivery of Business driven changes.
• Working with the Product Managers and Platform Engineers to upgrade infrastructure/Services.
• Implement solutions in line with technology roadmaps and global strategy.
• Work with Support teams to share knowledge and educate 2nd line teams.
• Working with group IT Security and Governance teams to ensure all IT Security policies and standards are applied.
• Close liaison with the Design & Development, Release Management, Service Management and 2nd line production/support functions.
• Implementation of Business driven changes, Configuration of Group Policies.
• Reactive and pro-active resolution of Incidents, performing Changes, Upgrades to existing Windows Server Infrastructure.
• Support of Windows Clusters, antivirus, backups, deployment tools and monitoring tools, capacity management.
• Developing installation and integration guides to aid implementation of solutions.
• Developing Post Implementation “Best Practice, Troubleshooting and Operational guides” to aid support of installed services.
• Problem resolution including: problem management, root cause analysis and implementation of remedies.
• Knowledge and use of the change/configuration management system.
• Technical review of affected systems with a view to alleviating problems inherent in design, configuration and /or implementation.
• The provision of advice and consultancy aimed at minimising the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
• Ensures that all activities are handled promptly and effectively. Is pro-active in the review of implemented solutions to ensure that they are fit for purpose. Provides improvements/changes to the Windows platform, in support of client requirements and the IaaS strategy.
• Demonstrates expertise, commitment and ingenuity in application of available facilities to non-standard situations, diagnosing underlying root causes and devising solutions / workarounds to ensure that the effect on service is minimal.
• Ensures skill set is kept relevant and identifies benefits of emerging technologies. Also attends and contributes to workshops, seminars and presentations that help to enhance the IaaS vision.
• Carries out fault diagnosis relating to complex problems, reporting the results of such diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
• Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016
• File Clusters, DFS, Access Control
• Scripting (VBscript, PowerShell, Ruby)
• Networking, DNS, DHCP
• Active Directory
• AWS / Microsoft Azure
• Configuration Management, Provisioning / Deployment systems & technologies
• Capacity, Performance & Availability Management / Monitoring
• Chef, Jenkins, Git/Stash
• Vulnerability Management, SCCM deployment
• Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare ESX) MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
• SAN & NAS knowledge
• HP hardware (Blades/rack mounted servers, enclosures)
• .NET/SQL programming would be great advantage
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.