- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A.- General Representative for Italy
Purpose of the Role:
To handle Line of Business FL portfolio of claims of intermediate complexity from coverage enquiry through legal liability assessment (where relevant) and
quantum analysis, to timely and accurate resolution; ensuring mitigation of indemnity and expense exposure while communicating developments and outcomes as
necessary to all key internal and external stakeholders. Provide a high standard of customer service and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Functional Responsibilities:
- Managing key claims handling enquiry; coverage determination, quantum analysis and legal liability assessment, where appropriate within authority limits and providing a consistently strong standard of customer service.
- Ensuring effective vendor and litigation management on Complex claims within a personal allocation.
- Broader internal / external stakeholder communication where required
- Strive for continuous improvement on claim file handling with feedback and support through the Quality Assurance Review processes
- Contribute to maintenance of best practice procedures for FL intermediate to high value Complex claims, consistent with global best practice.
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical claims competence. Demonstrate a strong standard of competence in handling intermediate to advanced complex claims in Line of Business
- Timely, accurate and customer focused claim resolution, minimising indemnity exposure and mitigating vendor and legal expense for claims of medium to high complexity
- Effective communication of key medium to high Complexity claims and FL portfolio messages to internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Financial control through consistent reserve and other financial transaction discipline
- Accurate and consistent policy interpretation against claims of intermediate to high complexity
Technical Skills and Expertise
• Good specialist knowledge in FL technical claims topics (as listed over page).
• Policy language skills enabling accurate and consistent policy wording interpretation
• A strong knowledge of legal / regulatory and litigation / procedural requirements for their line of business
• Some experience in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and ADR skills. Strong experience in negotiating on intermediate to high complex claims and knowledge and experience in mediation, arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Experience in effectively following up on recommendations from technical claims audits and continuous claim handling improvement
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both written & verbal
• Time management – ability to manage & prioritise workload and diary management.
• Ability to contribute effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work with claims stakeholders to effectively direct claims strategy
• Participate in client review and Profit Centre meetings.
• Good level of English and fluent in Italian
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.