- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Abbott is looking for a
Manager Sales Hematology Southern Europe - trilingual
based out of Italy, Spain or France. The Manager Sales Hematology will report to the Regional Director Europe.
- Directs and coaches the regional Hematology sales team to establish and achieve their annual sales and profit objectives
- Ensures close cooperation with Abbott's Diagnostics regional / local sales and management teams to maintain and grow the hematology business
- Identifies and evaluates market opportunities and sales potential. Formulates sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines in order to attain revenue goals set by the company. Responsible for the management and implementation of company policies.
- Recruits, coaches and develops talent in the team. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives
- Creates an entrepreneurial environment
- Provides general direction to managers, exempt specialists and non-exempt support in various areas, groups and/or operations.
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action
- Demonstrates effective change leadership
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Strong collaboration with Abbott core lab and distributor sales people very important
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors and/or suppliers
- Coordinates across functional areas, business units, and/or geographies in order to achieve company or area goals
- Utilizes technical/professional knowledge and skills to establish, interpret and execute company policies in a major segment of the company
- Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations, etc.)
- Makes and executes operational decisions with a strategic perspective
- Directs and controls the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups and/or operations
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 + years of related work experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of management experience required with a minimum of 8+ years of business experience, in Sales or Marketing areas preferred, or applicable experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Prior experience in a commercial role in hematology / In-Vitro-Diagnostics and / or knowledge of medical devices preferred
- Proven capability to develop and/or identify new work processes that will have broad applicability throughout the company
- Experience in a matrix organization
- High proficiency in English and two out of three additional languages = Italian, Spanish and French is required. Additional language proficiency is preferred
- Travel required 50-75%
Abbott has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Italy Rome : Via Giorgio Ribotta 9
Spain Madrid : Avenida de la Industria 37
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.