- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mechanical Design Engineer
- The successful Engineer will be working on design activity of mechanical components on GE93 Catalyst Propeller Gear Boxes (PGB) mainly on Front Housing.
- The part is classified Life Limited and it is 3D printed in Brindisi Plant using Additive technology (i.e. DMLM), the first in whole AvioAero experience.
Due to nature of job, the successful Engineer will have the opportunity to develop very quickly a vast network across AvioAero as well as GE Aviation overarching several disciplines.
- In this role the engineer will be “end to end” responsible for design of the part as well as of its certification.
- He/she will be working with internal/external suppliers/functions (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Sourcing, Program) making sure the produced part is always aligned to the design intent and to certification requirements.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Capture system requirements, flow-down to components definition identifying relevant validation needs
- Issue technical documents relative to the components design according to engineering policies and procedures (drawings, presentations as well as analysis reports) Support source technological substantiation and non-conformances assessment
- Actively support the development and maturity of the Additive technology and its associated key processes (e.g. Non-Destructive Tests)
- Support activities related to development findings, components performance and investigations (e.g. test requests and data postprocess, laboratories investigation) Contribute and participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews
- Develop components and modules design to cost, performance and life objectives
- Proactively support and coordinate activities with Manufacturing/Sourcing/Quality and Suppliers to implement product improvements (e.g. concurrent design, cost-out activities)
- Use design tools: CAD as Unigraphics NX, and CAE as Nastran, Ansys.
AvioAero is reinforcing the focus to excellence in aeronautical Mechanical Transmissions (ie accessory drivetrains, turboprop reduction gearboxes, geared engines, helicopter reduction gearboxes, etc).
With this spirit, we are looking for a talented design engineer, expected to perform design/Certification and production support activities within the Engineering organization.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university
- Previous proven experience in Mechanical Design (in mechanical transmissions will be considered as a plus)
- Experience with CAD tools (e.g. Unigraphics NX) is mandatory where CAE tools (e.g. Nastran, Ansys) is desired Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team working and inclusiveness proven capabilities
- Clear thinking, diligent approach, result oriented
- Fluent English and Italian, both written and oral
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- EU work permit
- Knowledge of designing component using DMLM technology
- Knowledge of aeronautical power gearbox technical requirements, design solutions, technologies
- Previous proven experience in mechanical transmissions will be considered as a plus
- Experience in cost and value engineering
- Previous experience in mechanical design of complex products and New Product Introduction process
- Experience on structure stress analysis
- Previous experience in testing environment will be considered as a plus
- Capable to work in multicultural environment, preferable previous international experience
- Curiosity and passion for mechanical design
Avio Aero a GE Aviation Business is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
Avio Aero is a business that designs, manufactures and maintains components and systems for civil and military aviation. We provide our customers with innovative technology solutions to quickly respond to the endless changes required by the market: additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, as well as technologies dedicated to the production of mechanical transmissions, turbines and combustors. Our team consists of over 4,800 people, 4,200 of whom work in Italy. Our head office is in Rivalta di Torino, where our largest production facility is also located. Other important Italian plants are in Brindisi, Pomigliano d'Arco (Naples) and Cameri (Novara), and we also have a production plant and a test center in Poland.
Follow us LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or become a fan of our Facebook Page. Stay up to date on what’s happening at Avio Aero a GE Aviation Business around the globe by checking out the About Magazine.
Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community and keep updated on GE whereabouts by the GE Careers Blog.
Privacy Notice under Artt. 13 and 14 of Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
To view the privacy notice on the processing of your personal data and the modalities with which you can exercise your rights, please click here. By proceeding to apply to this position, you declare to have seen the abovementioned privacy notice and you express your consent to the processing of your personal data by GE Avio S.r.l.
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.