- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Analyst – Lightweighting General Job Duties
- Conduct primary and secondary research to build in-depth understanding of carmakers' weight reduction strategies and of material trends at the component level.
- Support the creation and maintenance of databases which will track a set of attributes related to component materials and weights across various domains (Body in white, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior, etc)
- Project work involvement, including cross-regional and cross-team projects as needed
- Present findings/data via webinars and at conferences/tradeshows/client events
- Nurture a network of contacts at automotive companies, both OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers
- Proven understanding of current and future trends in automotive lightweighting as well as implications on vehicle systems and components (light vehicle)
- Engineering and/or material science background is highly desirable, OEM and/or Tier-1 experience is a plus
- Understanding of carmakers' material selection process and translation of weight reduction targets into material choices at the component level
- Fluency in English, additional language skills an added bonus
- Passion and knowledge of automotive industry, proven connections/entry points in the automotive industry
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful but not essential (e.g. Knime, Access)
- Accurate analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong presentations skills and comfortable in client interactions
----------------------------------------------- IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- ms project