- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a manager of our Local Business, you'll be responsible for developing and executing on the overarching category strategy as well as the overall success of the sales team. Your main focus will be develop new business and you will report directly to our Managing Director and will collaborate with corporate leadership to grow both inside and outside sales professionals.
• Design and roll out of new business strategy as well as design and roll out of active clients’ development strategy.
• Roll out of company processes, team initiatives and incentives, providing a positive leadership model for change management.
• Engage in face to face sales meetings with high value partners.
• Support the training team with active participation and content sharing along training calendar sessions. Day by day on the job training to develop, mentor, and supervise teams on sales strategy, including pipeline management, people management, and sales skills.
• Engage with marketing and merchandising to ensure the sales team delivers a pipeline of relevant inventory to support campaigns and initiatives.
• Motivate and lead trained sales professionals and managers to succeed against their short- and long-term sales goals.
• Communicate the best approach to sales teams on merchant business categories and sectors. This could include products and/or services, consumer demographics and ratings, points of differentiation, merchant economic models, revenue and profit drivers.
• Being a Groupon brand ambassador across a variety of occasions with the aim of strengthening Groupon’s awareness and preference.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years sales experience
• Previous experience managing large teams
• Experience of both traditional and digital markets is a plus
• Skilled in mentoring, developing, and motivating both managers and salespeople
• Evidence of successfully leading others to meet and exceed measurable sales and revenue goals
• Strong performance and track record growing sales teams and increasing profitability while executing high-level initiatives.
• Strong influencer with proven experience in dealing with key stakeholders.
• Organized and solution oriented.
• Demonstrated levels of dedication and ownership required to succeed at start-up speed.
• Demonstrated alignment to Groupon leadership values and ability to articulate business values across text, slideshow, in person and on the phone.
• Fluent/Native speaker English proficiency.
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally