- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Senior Technical Support Engineer
7 days ago(7/9/2019 4:11 PM)
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Experience Engagement (CEE) team is looking for a skilled Java expert to join our team of middleware engineers in Pune, india as a Senior Technical Support Engineer supporting the Red Hat Middleware suite. You’ll assist customers with middleware code and architecture, providing an important level of technical assistance to ensure that our highly-valued customers get the most out of the offering. Your role will extend well beyond product support, as you will serve as a trusted partner to our enterprise customers by offering developer-to-developer assistance for Red Hat Middleware open source software. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will work closely with junior and senior engineers and developers to write new code, fix and improve code, and provide highly technical solutions to support requests. You will also write patches, provide Red Hat Middleware updates, and contribute ideas through participation in an open and collaborative team environment. This is a great opportunity to become part of a fast-paced, innovative company that is changing the way software is developed, sold, and supported. This is a highly skilled position that will require you to have initiative.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide a high, detailed level of technical assistance to ensure that our customers get the most out of our Red Hat Middleware offerings
- Engage and collaborate with open source developers around the world
- Offer developer-to-developer assistance for the Red Hat Middleware suite
- Work alongside in-house developers, write new code, fix and improve code, provide highly technical solutions, and contribute to the Red Hat Middleware and open source software communities
- Serve as a technical point of contact for a technology of your choosing within the Red Hat Middleware suite of offerings
- Develop patches and feature requests to provide upstream to the community and downstream to customers
- Advise customers on JEE architectural design decisions
- Work with other open source projects to help customers integrate Red Hat’s offerings with their applications
- 4+ years of professional JEE platform experience
- Deep experience with one or several JEE or application server technologies like application server clustering, Red Hat Data Grid, Spring, Oracle Coherence, IBM WebSphere Application Server clustered topology, Hazelcast, Radis, etc.
- Solid knowledge of the JEE platform
- Direct experience with application server technologies like Red Hat Middleware, IBM WebSphere, or Oracle WebLogic
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills; passion for problem-solving and investigation
- Ability and willingness to learn new open source middleware technologies
- Very clear and effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers, third-party vendors, and Red Hat’s associates
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science is a plus; equivalent experience within the enterprise IT sector will also be considered
- Solid understanding of Java programming APIs and popular Java frameworks is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
About the company
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, virtualization, storage, Linux, and middleware technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. And as the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat enables the creation of relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Red Hat is an S&P company with more than 70 offices spanning the globe, empowering our customers' businesses and mission critical IT demands.