- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Revenue Accountant- 12 month contract
1 week ago(2/4/2020 12:42 PM)
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Accounting team is looking for a Revenue Accountant to join us as a key member of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Revenue team in Cork, Ireland. In this role, you will be responsible for varied accounting and compliance activities. You'll familiarize yourself with the global business and work with the Sales team to assist in contract negotiation. Your role will be split between technical accounting responsibilities and supporting the sales organization on deal structure and review. As a Revenue Accountant, you will collaborate with the Deal Desk and Legal teams to provide assistance to both the Sales team and stakeholders to structure and document complex deals while adhering to the corporate policies, processes, programs, and systems that affect the structure and implementation of revenue transactions
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with the EMEA Revenue team to ensure that transactions are appropriately considered and accounted for under the requirements of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Review sales contracts to determine appropriate application of revenue recognition principles
- Review business terms language in non-standard or complex agreements to comply with corporate policies; ensure the use of Red Hat agreements and business forms whenever possible
- Work closely with the Legal team on contract review and revision
- Advise the Project Accounting and Order to Cash teams on accurate deal processing
- Coordinate deal or agreement review and approval by stakeholders using defined processes and systems
- Ensure the use of the corporate approval framework and associated policies
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries
- Work on special revenue projects, including the implementation of new systems and standards
- Report and analyze revenue results
- Assist with analyzing standalone selling price
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and processes
- Identify and develop best practices and process improvements
- Perform ad hoc tasks as necessary
- Fully qualified with an Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) certification
- Motivated with the ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving and analytical skills in a fast-paced, deadline-motivated, and challenging environment
- Technical accounting experience working with revenue contracts under ASC 606
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups, including legal, sales, operations and senior management teams
- Fluent language skills in English; additional language skills are a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
- ms project
About the company
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, virtualization, storage, Linux, and middleware technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. And as the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat enables the creation of relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Red Hat is an S&P company with more than 70 offices spanning the globe, empowering our customers' businesses and mission critical IT demands.